Brad Burns- AMA - DQ'd for cheating

Discussion in 'General' started by birdie56, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Got it, sorry just pissed me off and I was giving an extreme example.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally understand.

3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Got it Mongo, if I had found this out then, my impulse to whip somebody's ass would probably have dissipated by now, currently though I am feeling the need to whip a MF'er over it. And this does fall in the category of something I will whip someone's ass over.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Trust me, if it were necessary it would have already been done.

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

:tut::tut::tut:
    Not making fun in regards to a racer loosing his life, just picking on Sean.

Very Sad that something like that happened.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

It's interesting that a World Champion says it, & people use it as their signature line on this very forum.
    I say it, & it's twisted into a cavalier attitude about an incident where someone passed away.

Look, it's dangerous. Driving a car is dangerous. These are topics that have been discussed, & discussed, & discussed. To anyone that doesn't realize that, please don't get on the race track. I don't want to see anyone get hurt, injured, stub a toe.......anything. Zero. But the facts are, that's not likely. Don't construe my words to make it seem like I don't care. Let's not mention the part where I say I did tech myself, & pissed people off because I actually did it.
    I'm not saying anyone besides myself should be responsible for my bike.
    You know how many people work on my bike besides me??? Zero. For exactly that reason.
    In 2006 I was hit on the opening lap of the last race of the year. 3 piece left collar bone. 2007, I go to a preseason track day to shake the cobwebs off. I brought a spare front wheel with a new tire that I wanted to try. My best friend has a tire machine & put the tire on the night before. I'm swapping wheels & he says, "be careful, that tire has oil on it". I FULLY inspect the tire, there's no oil.
    I head onto the track, first turn, left hander, BOOM, I'm on the ground. Front tire came out from under me INSTANTLY. My immediate thought, besides "fuck!", was my collarbone, but I was fine. I pick the bike up, & look, there's oil all over the front tire. I head back to the pits, & my "friend" says "I told you there was oil on the tire!" Then he tells me that a bottle of oil tipped over on his work bench onto the wheel/tire, & went into the bead, & he cleaned up the rest of it. Of course, at speed, it flung out, onto the contact surface. I never thought he was serious, I inspected the tire, & he never elaborated. We'd been friends for 20 years, & don't talk much anymore. So who's to blame? He told me, I thoroughly inspected.....

NO ONE works on my bike.

7. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Quoted:

he says, "be careful, that tire has oil on it". I FULLY inspect the tire, there's no oil.
    and
    He told me, I thoroughly inspected

You didn't inspect that well, did you?

8. Handicapped Racer

OUCH......Gots to be more careful!

9. That conversation would have ended with "be careful, it has oil on it". I junked a brand new Ntec rear a couple of years ago because it got oil spilled all over half of it.

Overly cautions? Maybe. I might could have put brake cleaner or some shit on it and cleaned it off and then tried to take it easy to scrub it off, who knows. But it isnt something im willing to chance. Once i lose confidence in something, i shitcan it.

10. jiggyfly

Well, since I didn't take the tire off, & inspect it that way, I guess not, smart ass.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds like you fucked up by not listening to him. Good thing your mistake didn't hurt you worse.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Agreed. At the track people dont tend to joke about oil. Your mistake for not heeding his words

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am just trying to figure out how there was enough oil in the bead area of the tire to coat the tire but it wasnt noticeable while mounting it.
    Oil doesnt soak in to a tire so if you dont ride like your whole weekend is hinging on your pit out lap you will usually be fine. I have run several tires that have been oiled down and cleaned off with no issues but I also take it pretty easy on the pit out lap. Running Michelin slicks in the early 90's pretty much conditioned me to baby the tires until they got up to temp...

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I'm trying to figure out why your friend still mounted the tire when oil got all over it.

15. jiggyfly

It was mounted, the oil then spilled on it......he cleaned off the wheel/tire, but the oil went into the bead, & flung out at speed. It wasn't visible when I looked at it. These were details he gave me after I crashed. Had I known before, I wouldn't have even left the pits on it, I would've swapped back. He said it, 1/2 jokingly, so I thought he was fucking around.

16. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

what kind of idiot gives a guy an oil-covered tire at a racetrack? once i got up i'd be about the business of beating his head in with said tire.

- jim

17. Handicapped Racer

Hey jus chalk it up to shit happens, glad things didn't turn out too bad for you.

18. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

19. jiggyfly

It pretty much almost came to this.

& this is pretty much what I eventually came to.

20. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So has Brad bought a 600 motor from anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.