1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxing Gloves

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, Dec 19, 2023.

1. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Anyone make any recommendations?
    Just for fun, sparing and get some energy out for me and my teens.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

bare knuckles sissy! :D

J/K of course…
    I have little input but have everlast gear that has lasted a really long time…

I use football lineman gloves on my heavy bag with everlast wraps underneath… they’re well padded and old school real leather that I’ve kept conditioned forever… I’ve gone through three heavy bags and still the same set of gloves… the palms are open so it keeps your hands dry…

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    pjzocc likes this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Joe uses REV Gear. They’ve held up well amidst the abuse he puts them through. Also uses those same wraps. What @KneeDragger_c69 said… wrap your hands.

KneeDragger… you ever come into USA for fights?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

use these...1 for each hand.

[​IMG]

auminer likes this.
  6. KneeDragger_c69

Haven't yet but since muay thai is illegale in Quebec, we are looking to do a Ottawa event in February.
    If things look good, we might look into NY events.

Right now, only kickboxing is legale here, so we do K1 events with our students.

And I do agree with you Revgear is very good. My first gloves were those about 22-27 years ago.

pjzocc likes this.
  7. Ellwood

Ellwood Well-Known Member

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

These are what I use. The nice thing is they come off very easily if you prefer bare knuckle boxing.

[​IMG]

9. KneeDragger_c69

:crackup:

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I prefer Rival, but everybody is different. I also don’t use the same gloves for everything. Especially not for sparring.

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I picked up some off brand gear from Amazon for my son (9 y/o) and I. They have worked great and the trainers took a look and say they are built well. The kiddos Century gloves were bought from Academy.

Screenshot_20231220_111904_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231220_111416_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231220_111455_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231220_111441_Chrome.jpg

12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

The post above makes an important point. Learning how to wrap your hands and use hand wraps is probably more important than what gloves to buy.

13. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

I tried Rival (because they look cool) but they just don't seem to last.

The TITLE boxing is cheap and seems to hold up surprisingly well.

14. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

when i was thai boxing i bought fairtex gear. worked fine. as other mentioned, hand wrapping is important

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

To fight your way back to your rifle, of course. o_O

16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yeah, hand wrapping is super important. I had had him using traditional wraps but it really held him up when we were ripping and running to get him there on time with all the competing activities. These padded insert/wrapped are great for him to throw while in the car on the way to practice.