1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bombshell New AMA Series!

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Sep 3, 2014.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Where you not here when people thought NASCAR buying into road racing was the best thing since sliced bread?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I see a bunch of you guys have learned something from cheering for DMG. :crackup:

I will be on the right side of history again this time and predict success! :D

Seriously, best of luck to everyone involved. There's too much potential in the US (racers, technical, financial, etc.) to not have a successful, world-class domestic series again.

3. MikeR

MikeR Well-Known Member

*Were*

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

So we will have two pro series' next year?

5. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

:p

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

No. But the DMG debacle has made me hesitant to declare salvation based on a resume.

IMO, there are lots of ways to get this "right" that don't suit every fan or stakeholder. This group has some tough decisions to make and some difficult negotiations ahead. Right now we don't know any of their opening positions in those. Maybe we don't need to know either. But I don't think projecting our individual wants/wishes/dreams sets us up for anything but disappointment. Let's see where this goes. Best of luck KRAVE. I wish you nothing but success. :beer:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

New AMA & WERA

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

No.:D
    But with the list of people involved I would feel pretty optimistic either way

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Would there be a need for WERA Pro if this goes off without a hitch. Wasn't part of the WERA series the fact that there were no AMA races west of the Mississippi?

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hopefully whoever it was that determines jump starts gets the ax!

11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

12. noles19

True. but what does everyone think the worst out come of this would be?

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hard tack.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Bacon?

15. noles19

Betty white.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Mine has been up since 1993. :up:

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I don't think projecting that on the new regime accomplishes anything either. Let's celebrate change today and hope for a better future to follow. :beer:

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Well I would love to see both do very well but I say go WERA.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I can't overlook the Yamaha thing but I can tolerate it now! :p

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I remember a short but damn good looking BBSer yelling the sky was falling and that that was a horrible thing and his getting shouted down by the DMG cheerleaders. Hmmm, who was that again? ME, motherf@ckers!!! :D