1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluegrass Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by bEeR, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Will BMP open in 2010?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No

67 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Who really cares anymore

91 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. got40

got40 On hiatus...

I'm applauding the fact they haven't completely abandoned the idea in a middle of a recession. I have no idea who the owners are but they get kudos for me. The last thing they need is a bunch of keyboard CEOs giving advice for something they've never done; whether its running a start-up biz or building a track.

Go BG go. I hope they make it; their fortitude is impressive enough and if they get through this running the track should be a walk in park for them (in comparison, I mean).

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Other probs going on besides money and financing.....
    But what do I know...;)

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Ah, you must be a keyboard CEO...... :p

4. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

It's an interesting situation for sure. I don't know of many other industries where a vendor can ignore requests from customers to learn when their product will be available. The truth of the matter, and the reason the OP's original poll doesn't matter, is that the track management knows that everyone in the area is dying to have another track available to them. The location is great for capturing a lot business for riders in the midwest and upper south. We are all going to ride there whenever they open (which according to their website is Spring of '09). They aren't losing any customers by not giving out any information, although they are revealing how impatient track riders can be when it comes to the possibility of a great new track.

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Nope, but they were following the advice of their legal council.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

To quote the Chicago Cubs fans...."maybe next year"!!!

7. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Obviously none of those attorneys ride motorcycles.

8. STT-Rider

OMG.. can you imagine? Ok I'll do 50% cash and free track days for life.:eek:

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

TTT....any news on this track?

10. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Its probably safe to say... This one is over

11. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Haha, seems that way.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

No news is good news, right?

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I heard they're having midget mud wrestling there in two weeks, with a Shriner monster truck show!

14. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Just looked at Google earth, photo was from July 2nd, 2010, Looks like a car and truck were there that day. I suspect that a track this close to being finished, will get finished eventually.

15. STT-Rider

How about I reach out to track management this week. I know that the lender and borrowers attorneys are going back and forth over what seems like rather minor issues, but I guess when is millions of dollars, nothing is minor.

16. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

17. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Duuuude! It is so done. Let's DO this!

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll grab the bolt cutters!

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but there are a lot of parts that remind me of Putnam. I wish I had the savy to superimpose the 2 tracks (anyone?).

20. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member