1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blake Young career lifeline?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Thank You :up:

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

^^^^ +1

Kick some major butt, Blake!!!!!

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I say we break TDUB outa retirement and get Blake and Him back together...... Sam Adams could be the Co sponsor

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I would jump at the chance to go dirttracking with him in a heartbeat...:D

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Tdub... somewhat off topic:

Do you know the Hart family (Roy, Jamie, etc) from Southern Illinois?

I saw a very nice article about Jamie in the local newspaper the other day and your location and dirttrack background made me wonder.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sarcasm is difficult to detect over the internets. Perhaps next time I should wrap the words in [sarcasm][/sarcasm].

Yes I remember the Herrin/Eslick debacle of 2009 (or was it 2010?)

"Bring it on YOU PUSSY!!!"

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Absolutely...way back when Marlin was still alive and wrenching for the Haydens. James and Roy were known as career Juniors...James and my daughter raced 883s together for a few years along with Robby-Bobby and don't forget Recil.

8. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Thank you! :up:

The dude has a dream ride...quit your betting and hating! :moon:

9. Only one seat at Yosh and they chose Cardenas over Young. It sucks that there is only one seat but it is what it is.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dude, funny story, I sold my 883 like 8 years ago to a collector and apparently he got in financial situation and he offfered it back to me file like $1500....

I almost bought it as it was a bad ass bike (ex maroney) but it was STILL in the crate and was stored in a damp place and had never been removed but was literally just ruined.

Would have had to tear it down to the last bolt....

11. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I always thought they were pretty cool bikes after they let us change the wheels and triple clamps...We had a ton of fun running that series.

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Outstanding. I went to high school with Jamie and our moms worked together years ago.

A very nice family. I was glad to see Jamie was doing well and still directly involved in racing as I know how much he loved it.

13. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

This is great news gives me a reason to watch. WSBK this year with out someone to route for has been rough (watching this year I really don't care who wins) at least having blake riding I'll have some one to route for again.

merica f yea!!!!

14. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

It's a track he knows. Has more recent experience there than any of those riders. If he keeps it up right Blake will do well. If he crashes, he'll lay there bring out a red flag and win on the restart.

15. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Didn't Josh Hayes psychologically break Blake Young just like Rossi broke Gibeneau?

(just saying.......((sorta the thoughts of many in the AMA paddock)).....not making a definitive statement - - - posting for arguments sake,really.....after all, he was on a full up Yoshimura bike but couldn't bring home the bacon ............. ok, this is throwing fuel on a fire, I admit it: Let's rumble on this)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I dont thinks so.... Especially after Road Atlanta...:up:

17. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

:beer: Yup! That would have been my reply!

18. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

At least we'll get to see one American rider on TV that weekend.

19. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I was originally thinking Hopkins or PJ, but PJ is wrapped up in doing an amazing job in BSB Superbike and prob can't risk it.

I hadn't thought of Blake just because he was running the CRT, but I think this is an excellent choice really. I must commend Fixi/Suzuki for getting a fast American on the bike.

Now if we can just get:

Max Neukirchner's ride on the MR Racing Ducati -> B Boz (or) Holden
    Loris Baz' ride on the Kawasaki Racing Team Kawi -> Josh Day (assuming his ride in IDM doesn't conflict?)

20. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I really liked Jim's interview with Stanboli, his opinion of Blake was very spot on in my opinion.