1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I would not let them use that lens paint stuff; they can use auto tint on them though. should have actually asked the tinter

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So when those calipers start to look dirty are you just going to replace them?

Gorilla George and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

he had them ceramic, so they'll clean up fairly easily. black in general is tough, but he knows that with his white sneakers also

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Connor (ceramic dude) also does tinting.

Jerry had already lined up a guy he knows to do the tinting, because he has used the same guy for window tinting for 20 years and knows he does great work.

But I am taking it back to Connor once the amp shows up so he can put that Llumar Ceramic film on the windshield (blocks all the UV rays). In the meantime, he is looking into the best option for the reflectors. But no way will I paint them.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Of course, obviously :D

6. :crackup:

Yeah I am hoping they clean up nice and easy.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The key word here is hoping.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

i used the at-home version of ceramic coat and coated my stoptech calipers before installing them, and they clean up well. the only thing was the writing was white, and now it's brown. I'm sure the 1,000F+ heat that they were exposed to multiple times have something to do with that, along with the race pads. The calipers clean up easily even with waterless washes

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

much better with white wheels Uppercut-white.jpg

SuddenBraking, vfrket, Phl218 and 3 others like this.
  11. I know. It’s fucking killing me!

12. What in the actual fuck?! :crackup: :crackup:

See, no matter how badass something is, white wheels fucks it all up. People with white wheels on their bikes should take notice. :D

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's not the white wheels...it's the yellow calipers behind them.

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I think it can look badass on the right bike. On your TGT, I have to admit it looks pretty hideous.

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

With the PCCB brakes, there should be very little dust to grime them up too badly.....at least compared to typical iron rotors and metallic pads.

You can get them to dust up, but you really need to be hammering them, like on track.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That's right so just pretend some bitch is racing you to the cooler for the last bottle of water when you are driving.

17. Yzass, what color is GiGi’s interior?

18. I’m always racing somebody, whether they know it or not. :D

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Black/charcoal (not a dead or deep black) with maroon. I initially objected to the color combination because I wanted to be certain I wouldn’t loathe it. With that hue of maroon, it is easy to tip into the muddy brown tint, yick. Fred lobbied for it, so we went to the dealership one time specifically to see it in person. The below shows it much more vibrant than it appears, but the tone is correct. The hue vibrancy you see in the dashboard is much closer to your actual visual experience. Very happy. If you’re considering it, go see it in person. It convinced me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Seen today in Palm Springs.
    Really dig the lines on this one.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 12.40.47 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 12.40.48 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 12.40.48 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-11-01 at 12.40.49 PM.jpeg

Boman Forklift, Yzasserina and cBJr like this.