1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or gray

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 23, 2022.

?

Cayenne Turbo GT color

1. Black

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Gray

71 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Penis! (It’s funny again)

45 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Shit that thing is ugly. Just like the DBX707, it is like they intentionally tried to make it as ugly as possible, so it will stand out.

To be honest, I have never liked BMWs. I hate the front of them, especially the grill. And for some reason I have never been able to get comfortable in them. I have had several different BMW rental cars, and hated driving every one. It is like the place where my feet go is too shallow, and the reach is too far to the steering wheel. No matter how I adjust it, I can't get comfortable.

The only BMW I have ever liked is the X6. I like the Coupe styling in an SUV/Crossover. The X6M was on my short list of potential vehicles when I got the Bacon Turbo. I liked the way it looked (except for the grill), and it had good tech specs, but then I got inside it and hated it.

Gino230 likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i got used to the new M3, but that X5M is atrocious. way to much going on everywhere

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Until they fire the current design team BMW is off the list. Must be they hired whoever wasn't shitty enough to design a Honda.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You forgot the salient point...it's gray.
    I don't spend a lot of time in it, but enough to have felt a quirk or two. FWD-biased AWD is noticeable with the very slightest of torque-steer sensations. If I didn't know what it was, I prolly wouldn't know what it was. :D
    Eastbound I-80 through the esses on the Jersey side of the Delaware Gap it's a 50mph zone. Faster drivers are doing 60+ but slow down for the last left hander. I take the 'Vette through there upwards of 70, traffic allowing. The 'Vette is almost harsh with the sideloading and feels on edge. Gigi cuts through there, through traffic, at 70, like nothing. It's too easy...no drama whatsoever, even while changing lanes at apexes. That's a quirk worth having.
    I haven't pushed it hard enough to realize how brilliant it may be...waiting to actually put some good rubber under it before discovering its full OEM prowess.

That torque's a big No Shit right there...320lb/ft in a compact hatch! That's bordering on Seriously?
    I'm easily 10mph faster out of the neighborhood without even trying. To get any of our other vehicles, including the 'Vette, to approach that speed requires an increased extension of the right foot. It's stupid quick to normal speeds without even trying. Yzass tears down the driveway like it's a time trial...I don't think she's accustomed herself to how sensitive the first few fractions of an inch are when applying throttle. It actually takes mental effort to go easy on the pedal when leaving the hole.
    Mazda swears it's not a successor to the Speed3 and Zoom-Zoom is a retired philosophy, but the Turbo 3 is reportedly faster and handles better. Mazda appears to be marketing it as a competitor to Euro luxury. It does have a quiet interior, bordering on mature. I wanna see it fat and slammed with a juvenile amount of thrust added. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ooh you’re right honey! Here is Gigi. Fuck, how do this again…

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

So that is a thing I noticed...in my Golf R which is the same kinda FWD/AWD Turbo, I don't really get any torque steer. In the CX-9 which is basically a big Mazda 3, I do get Torque steer on hard acceleration. It's a Mazda thing for sure, I've read enough about it to be like ok Mazda, whatever you want, lol. In the Rain though, it acts more like it should with little/no torque steer, and get that instant traction because of the rain sensors, etc. and takes that into account.

Glad you appreciate the Mazda, it really grows on you.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So much torque it climbs walls :D

Robin172, Phl218 and fastfreddie like this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

More Gigi. Better color image. Fred really did a spectacular job choosing this vehicle for us. A+.

Attached Files:

ChemGuy and BigBird like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

Based on driving reports I had read, I had the slightest of concerns about its torque steer due to the FWD bias but, honestly, it's nearly imperceptible. I have to be in a straight line on/off throttle to sense it. If anything, it feels like a solid axle with a trackbar bushing that might be going bad. It doesn't continue to pull sideways, I just feel the steering get set a bit to the side and then it stops. Otherwise, I haven't spent enough time behind the wheel to notice it anywhere else.
    There have been other FWD vehicles I've driven that really turned me off to the point where I swore I would never own one. This Mazda has allayed any torque steer concerns nearly 100%.

BigBird likes this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

^^^^^ and ^^^ so, it's a rocketship?

BigBird likes this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I agree. I was ready to go on the M4 until the new one came out......

639FC144-6BC6-421F-8035-38579410B57A.JPG

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Beating gravity is awesome!
    That's a hell of a lot of sticktion there. :D

15. Jedb

Looks like a tradie's safety shirt.

16. Jedb

17. fastfreddie

Not really, it's just surprisingly quick getting to legal speeds for what it is; kinda falls on its face after that. As a daily driver for a family of two, it checks all the boxes well. It will live a 24/7/365 life in central PA and I think it's gonna fulfill that duty more than satisfactorily.
    If we had a 5-star Porsche dealer close enough, it would have been a Carrera 4. Nearest one is an hour and 40 minutes...

BigBird likes this.
  18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Gino230 likes this.
  19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

There's no making the front of that look better unless it involves smashing it into something at speed.

Gorilla George and brex like this.
  20. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Definitely better. But I still see the Buckee's guy every time I see one. I'm ruined now.