1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best body work and prices

Discussion in 'General' started by preston rash, Jan 3, 2001.

1. preston rash

preston rash Member

Who has the best bodywork and prices for a SV650. Thanks, PR

2. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Never heard of who and I don't know their pricing either. [​IMG]

3. preston rash

preston rash Member

Tracee your cheating running up your post. PR PS Want to buy my 400?

4. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Cheat? Me never, [​IMG]. No, can't say that I need another 400.

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

Try Multi-Tech 512-924-3747

Mike D.

6. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Unsure on pricing dif but Sharkskinz makes all the brackets to install and is a real clean look.

7. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "Best"? There are far too many variables to determine what the best is, but since you already ask me about RAM off-BBS, I'll go ahead and say RAM on BBS.

I won't dispute that Sharkskinz comes with a mounting kit...Big deal. For $4.00, at Home Depot, you can build the same pieces-parts for which they(Sharkskinz) charge you over $100.

I won't dispute that MultiTech is cheaper, but I honestly believe that it won't withstand much crash damage until you have to replace it again. Thus the savings is lost.

The RAM Carbon Fiber bodywork is durable, durable, durable and lightweight. Being a rookie, I suggest you get the most durable stuff you can.

Like I said before, don't sweat the mounting, as there are plenty of people around that can assist you with it.

#545 Keith Palmer

Having two teammates with SVs (that might as well be on RM250s as often as they venture off-track...), I've observed:
    -The massive and hideously bulbous SV gas tank functions essentually like a frame slider and takes alot of the damage when an SV is sliding. I've seen SV body work relatively unscathed while the tank ends up with basketball-sized (ok - at least soccerball-sized) indentations in the side (think about a spare tank...)
    -Don't crash on the rider's LHS of an SV - there is no lower frame rail protecting the shift shaft from the under/outside [​IMG] If the shift shaft catches in a slide (and it can be a fairly minor slide), it tears back through the lower case... A new lower case from Suzuki is around 1200$ (and that price includes NONE of the bearings...) not to mention labor of your engine-builder and Suzuki US requires you give up your first born and have the emperor approve the sale.

9. smknjoe

smknjoe Well-Known Member

And you wanna be my latex salesman. I don't think so.

10. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

LOL!

I was wondering if that was a Psuedoname or not. [​IMG]

For those of you lost: This is a Seinfeld reference, when George lied about being an employee of Vandelay Industries.

#545 Keith Palmer

True story...

Waiting in line to pass through security at the Philly airport over Thanksgiving, I'm paying no particular attention to anything when the airport intercom crackles to life. Over the background airport din I hear them "Paging Mr. etc. etc. Mrs. etc., please report to..." and all of the sudden in this long list of names I hear "Mr. Art Vandelay" etc. Well I busted out laughing (recalling George writhing on Jerry's floor at the end of that episode)! Apparently, none of my fellow passengers nor the security guards had any idea what caused me to crack up and everyone glared at me and moved away like I was some bomb-toting maniac. Then walking to the gate, I hear "Mr. Art Vandelay" paged again (and I lost it again).

So, apparently Art Vandelay exists and probably is a latex salesman operating out of the Philly area.

I would have stuck around to meet him but I had a plane to catch...

12. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

You might try Phil at Moto-Heaven.com for some SV glass. I don't know if he has any, but he may. Tell him Canaan sent you up from the WERA BBS Board and he'll give you a better deal than without the mention.

[email protected] or (610) 502-1247