1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaver Run updates?

Discussion in 'General' started by dsting, Jun 21, 2008.

1. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Any updates on the race results today?

2. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Spoke to a couple people tonight on the phone. All I know is MW Solo expert race "unofficially" was won by Sam Gaige..not sure who got 2nd, Billy Stranahan was 3rd, and Mr. Ed Kraft finished 4th.

3. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

More! We Need More Updates!

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well you could have gone to the track and then given the updates :D

5. dsting

dsting ouch, brake, ouch

Wish we had the live timing screen like you did a couple times this season. That was sweet!

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That takes a couple things like me being at the track and good web access.... But yeah it was fun :D

7. Bemisderfer won the expert heavy weight solo, folowed by Winslow, Sam Gaige in third, and Blake Kelley in fourth. Bennet was also running with the lead pack, but had to retire from the race.

8. jeffrop

'spose I could head over there with my Palm Treo and my laptop but then I would have to gain 200lbs. and buy a box of donuts so I could post updates. :Poke: :D

9. joec

joec brace yourself

chris marshall came in from toronto and won both he 500 and 350gp races. first time in a race bike since last september. i believe he won the 500/v2 overall. on his stocker.

dudes fast.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh great, another racer I'm going to have to "accidently" sit on and squish like a bug :p

I've stepped up in the world too - got a Sprint air card :D

11. jeffrop

Well I actually hopped in the car and took off for some Beaver until...I realized I forgot the damn Treo and said "F@ck it"...wouldn't get there til 3 at best.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The weekend went really well. Avoided the bad weather and Jim and company did a great job running the show. Massive oil spill on Saturday that could have ruined the day, but WERA and the BeaveRun crew cleaned up everything, making sure we had a great track to ride on Sunday.

Blake, Sammy, Brent and Billy were the front runners of the day in the 600 classes. They were all moving real well. Definitely some great racing. And lots of bikes across the board. Great event overall.

13. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

Definatley a great weekend of racing. I don't know how the experts keep getting faster as the track gets bumpier!!

In the novice classes Greg Miller pretty much smashed everyone. First time at the track he's running minute flats. I think he won every race he entered!!

Props to Kyle Wyman, John Palmer and Drew Harbuck as well.

14. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Beaver update: I suck!

Other than that, it was a great weekend. Jim, the Wera officials, and the corner workers did a great job! Thank you to all of them.

Also a giant thank you to my pit neighbors that saved my canopy from ending up in the land of Oz during that storm saturday evening. Wicked winds and funnel clouds came in while we were out to dinner, yikes.

P.S. Did anyone notice the very high abundance of very sexy girls at the track? Not that I noticed, someone pointed it out to me.

15. bongoray

bongoray Registered Lunatic

Well, two funnel clouds formed on Saturday night, my ezups tried to escape into a low altitude orbit. I set a new personal best lap time. I also learned a valuable lesson. Don't forget to preregister. Starting in last place of the 2nd wave for every race blows!

Can anyone find the results on mylaps.com? I can't even find the event listed.

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Mylaps won't be up for several days. The officials have to forward stuff to HQ before it gets posted.

Fun weekend over all.
    Boo hoo for Bill Stranahan for crashing our of the lead in B superstock one corner from the finish line.

17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah and that was the 2nd time of doing that right? That's just plain unacceptable. :D

18. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Like you said great weekend. G Miller, K Wyman, J Palmer, and D Harbuck are Pure Beast!!!! I look at them then lower my head and ask "What am I doing wrong?"
    haaa haaa.....

I was disapointed with my finishes but in the end I shaved off 6 seconds from the last time i was at Da Beave in 06. My Bike "The Pig" dont like Beaver much, lol.

Oh ps: I got my all time lowest gas millage towing the Fun Finder behind my fronty. 8.6mpg "WTF"!

Man durring the storms, so many folks ran out to dinner we didn't have enuff people around to catch all the Canopys blowing away...

The Hot Chick quota was wayyyyyyyyy up this weekend...I mean Wayyyy up!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :)

Saturday nite was funny.
    Some "Nameless" guys went around pulling mega pranks...
    I heard a certain Rolli Manolli had all his cloths snatched while at the shower and had to run out with just a wash cloth on. then someone scotter was taken up to the second floor of the building while he showered. Some got lock in the porta johns, tents zip tied...lol
    all kinds of pranks.

This weekend was like Highschool summer camp and racing all rolled into one.

19. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

Great work all around. And good move switching to 8 lap races too.
    And yes, almost every male in the paddock noticed the incredible amount of beautiful and helpful young ladies in the pit area.

And did I mention that Joe Kraft is wicked fast? Yes, I just did.

20. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine having this happen at the track. Yikes!

[​IMG]