1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barkyard minibike track

Discussion in 'General' started by Dan Dubeau, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Back when we bough this place in 2010 I was pretty gung ho to setup my own dirt road course style track for screwing around on mini bikes. A boot camp/ranch style setup. Never had the equipment and never had the money to do it right but I spent a lot of time riding around laying it out, making changes and trying to come up with a layout based on some famous corners from tracks around the world using the layout of the land. Then kids happened and I have no idea what happened to the last 6 years lol.

My neighbors got a dozer down at his place pushing dirt around for a motocross track and it kinda got the itch going again for me. So while I was out bush hogging tonight, I took a run over what used to be my track layout, and had to grab the quad for a couple laps before the sun went down. A couple sections are so over grown now I had to detour around them. The esses are an improv section to bridge the gap around a section that I lost to polars that are 1" dia, and 10' tall now. It's amazing how fast things grow back in.

Go easy on me. I only had 2 warm up laps (not counting the "laps" cutting it) and was holding a cellphone in my hand trying to make sure I got stuff in frame lol. Got a couple good laps in after filming and damn I want a dirtbike now.

Kids are getting bigger, and a couple pw50's are in the near future, as well as something for the wife and I to play around on.

BHP41 and Banditracer like this.
  2. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I like the corkscrew

3. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I can sympathize. I spent time smoothing out an area for a dirt track and dragging it. Rode it a couple times and then kid's activities took over and you can't even tell where it was any more.

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Get a section of chain link fence and start dragging in now. DO IT!!!!

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Gonna need the specs on that bush hog...

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Next WERA party is at Dan’s house, BYOMB!

7. Dan Dubeau

That was the corner that started it all. Then I started riding around seeing what other corners I could fit in. The corksrew leads into a reverse Moss corner. The section I lost had a nice rh mosport turn 2, leading onto the start finish straight. at the end of the straight is parabolica. I was trying to fit in an eau rouge somewhere, but couldn't find a way to make it work with the rest of it.

I've got a couple sections of spike harrows, cultivator, roller, blade, and rake for the tractor now. But not enough time to maintain it. I need to pull out all those poplars. If I bush hog them it would be like a punji pit if you went down in there lol.

6' walco whistler behind a '63 massey mf35. Cutting edge tech. :)

backbone likes this.
  8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And where is this track???

9. I like it, great job. What country said, Plus a tow behind sprayer with round up will
    Help too.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That looks like it'd be a riot on something like a KX85 or KTM 85 SX. Just enough power to have fun and not too much to take away from just being a dope. Plus it'd smell awesome.

Neat track.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Got your passport ? :D

12. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

All corner names have “eh” after them.

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Cool track
    Nice property too

14. Dan Dubeau

16 minutes east of Mosport.
    That's the goal. I want to pick up a bunch of ttr 110/125s and some 50's for the kids and have a boot camp superpole style goof off night with a bunch of buddies and their kids every week or so. I've got a bunch of trails already for the bigger stuff, and the Ganarasksa forest has 11,000 acres of single track and trails next door so I only want something for the mini's. I had a little kx 80 roadracer/flat tracker with rain tires here for a couple weeks about 7 years ago, and it was a riot around there. I lowsided it pretty good coming down the corkscrew. Rain tires don't have very good traction on grass lol Coming up the front straight over that crest would loft the front end too. It was a riot.

backcountryme likes this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Awesome layout

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  16. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I love that area. I was out at Mosport last year for the big vintage festival. Great time.

Dan Dubeau likes this.