1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Sunday?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by GypsyRacing, May 2, 2010.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Did the V6/V7 guys stay dry? Did you get a decent grid?

Who did what?

How did project X do.......50Joe?

:beer:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far dry but it's getting really close to us. I just made the call to go 4 laps to try and get it done in the dry....

Race 11 going out now.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Project X ran well Saturday in practice until the end of the second session. She started to fill the water overflow tank. I suspect an o-ring went bad in the cylinder head or maybe I damaged an o-ring in the assembly process and that caused pressure to pump into the cooling system causing it to overflow. The bike did everything I expected it to. Turning, braking, and power delivery were all good. If this is the only issue I have to sort out than I'll be really happy with it. All and all I was very happy with the day. A 2nd place in V5 on the RZ along with high optimism for the future of the hybrid project has me psyched to get back out there again.

On another note, we stayed dry all day Saturday. It looked like the skies would open up at any moment a couple of times but they never did. Thanks for letting me borrow the E-Z UP. The one I ordered will probably arrive on Monday.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

Looking at the weather reports and satellite info, it was amazing that the rain held off as long as it did at Barber.

5. newyorkredneck

newyorkredneck Well-Known Member

Doesn't it ALWAYS rain at Barber?

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

V7

V7MW was dry. It was myself and Chris on the grid.

V7HW was WET. Me and E-Boz. Ray bowed out but he did help E put on his rain tires. I got a good start and tried to put some riders between me and E. I was checking behind me and did not see him and dialed back a little during the last lap.. that is until he passed me coming into T-5.:confused: Classic E-Boz. I should have known better. :eek: Next time buddy.:up:

7. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

C'mon you know the counting crows wrote the song, "Rain King" about me. I seem to recall passing another Aiken SC rider who's name I won't say,(MES) on the last lap in a driving rain at CMP. As for mr bryce, I seem to remember we had a discussion before going out about the novices that were gridded 3 rows ahead of us. I said, let's be careful and let these guys fan out a little. So you proceed to duck up the inside of 4 of them into turn 1 and pull a gap. I passed 4 of them on lap 2 in the same corner I passed you. Lap 3 I proved you can drag a knee through turns 2 and 3 in the rain and from there on it was scary , stupid:wow:. Other than that race I sucked all weekend. I knew the forecast was rain so I was on the rain bike which is also a 7/11 but set up super soft. I was 7 seconds off my lap times from last year and had nothing for Ray who was 3 seconds off his lap times the year before. The weather was fine up until race 13 and we were race 14. Thanks to Ray and Mista for help with the last minute tire change.