1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber Nationals.

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Dyle, May 9, 2007.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Im writing this not as a racer but as a father. I didnt get the chance to race this past weekend at Barber as Ive just had back surgery. But my son did. It was a weekend I needed, something to remind me what Im doing here and why I went thru yet another surgery on my back when the first didnt help. So the family and I went out as we would have on any other race weekend for just some good quality fun with our friends. Something to get my off the couch and out in the breeze with something other than pain to occupie (I know I spelled it wrong) my mind. And all I can say it thank God for giving me the strength to go cause it was a blast. With alittle help from some very good friends we managed to have the best weekend I can remember in a while. My son rode hard and made me very proud of him and proved I had done right as I was raising him. He rode his outdated 04RR to some pretty descent spots and still made sure he kept a close eye on me as to not to over do it. His positions over the weekend landed him in some good points for this season even being its the 2nd race.
    But this weekend wouldnt have happened at all for us if our friends hadnt done what they did. Gotta say Ray Turman of Moes Southwest Grill,Skip Salenius,Kieth Marshall, Ryan Clay and last but not least Mr Bryan "Melch" Nelson, all helped us this weekend and I cant say thanks enough. Truely good people and I am honored to know them.
    So heres to you guys.:beer: Without yall we wouldnt have had a weekend at all.
    Thank you so much. And I cant wait to see you all again.
    The Brinks Racing Team