1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagnaia blows a .87

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, Jul 5, 2022.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Here’s the thing for me, as much of a shit show as I’ve always been for most of my life there has never been a single instance where I thought to myself “I am OK to drive“. Not even in my worst days. Driving while intoxicated is some thing I am ready and willing to judge people on. Period. Even those closest to me. I don’t give a fuck if you’ve had two drinks if we have a personal relationship and you don’t call me, you’re on your fucking own if you get popped.

OutOfSpec and Sudowoodo like this.
  2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Lost one of my best friends and roommates to drunk driving when I was 19. We all did it fairly regularly and I often drove not trusting others. Thankfully, my friend was the only one killed when he hit a van in an unfamiliar area. He changed at least 50 people's behavior instantly with his death, just sucks we were too stupid before that.

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Why you gotta make drinkin' complicated?
    :D

KneeDragger_c69 and motion like this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Drinking makes things complicated, not the other way around.

5. fastfreddie

I disagree...as evidenced by my feelin' a need to respond to your retort.
    Prior to that I had no feelin' of a need to complicate my sense of well-being by having to respond to anything!
    <buuuurp>
    Now I'm fuckin' pissed. ;)

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

See? You just made it more complicated. If you were sober, you would have ignored me. Simple.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, you're probably right. I have regained little respect for him. :D

R Acree likes this.
  8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Pretty stupid. Sure many of us, myself included, have done plenty of dumb stuff in our younger years. And I don't excuse any of that either, not even for myself. By 25, especially as a professional athlete, you should have your shit figured out.

Just the other day, my wife and I celebrated our anniversary at a vineyard. Between the tastings and some of the stuff we had afterwards, I determined I didn't need to risk driving. Frankly, I probably could have driven home perfectly safely. I wasn't smashed, not sure that I was even near the legal limit. But it was close enough that all it would take was someone on their phone rear ending us at a stoplight and me misjudging my BAC by just a little bit and now we have a major problem on our hands. So we hung out an extra couple of hours and watched some of the live music before driving home. Plenty of time to let it work its way out and get back in an assured safe zone.

Same philosophy as when we vacationed in Jamaica a couple weeks ago. Plenty of weed everywhere we could have harmlessly indulged in at the resort if we wanted and I frankly have no real aversion to the stuff. Pretty harmless as far as I'm concerned and could have made the trip even more fun. But an unfortunate set of following events could have made it a major problem. Get back to work, have a misstep on a set of stairs, roll an ankle, get drug tested. Not worth risking my job over a little bit of silly fun. So we passed on the opportunity.

At 25, you should be plenty capable of such forethought. Do I personally think he should be fired? No. I would agree with a hard enough slap on the wrist to really shake him though. But if they do decide to fire him, I won't feel bad for him either. Actions have consequences and as an adult, it's your job to minimize consequences on your life being placed in the hands of other people.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue where that came from but it doesn't match anything I've found on US BAC...

The percentage is a percentage of mg of alcohol to 100ml of blood.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you're saying that .5 g is not equal to .24 mg? Who knew?

I think that table was filled in by a drunk driver at a roadside sobriety test.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. fastfreddie

Nah. I'd still be here to argue the point. I'm not one of those drunks that become someone else after intoxication. ;)

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

#2, E/1/4" the same, if I remember correctly. I think F is .257", and I'm thinking the next step down(E) was .250.

I will check after posting.

Boman Forklift and Rebel635 like this.
  14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yup, I was right.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll have to defer to Yzasz on that assessment.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

damn :/

17. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Thanks for proving his point.

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol. He’s right. :cool:

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It's .087 by US standards. The legal limit in Spain is ridiculously low at .05

Big deal. He's a kid and made a mistake.

20. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Assuming his BAC was 0.087 by US standards, that doesn't bother me so much. 2 strong(er) beers can do that. What bothers me, is he crashed/slept in his vehicle, while having 0.087.