Awesome news for NHMS Loudon !!

Discussion in 'General' started by Palanon, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

I got the OK from Bette French to let the news out. I know there are quite a few LRRS racers and track day riders who are on the BBS so here it is

BOMSHELL !!!

The management at Loudon has purchased 40 new sections of soft wall barriers!!

Yes, 40 of them!

These are sized between the Defender and Super Defender. So, we're looking at about 250' of brandy new Soft Wall.

There is a thank you letter being sent to Bruton Smith and the new management. We're asking anyone who races or rides the track to add their name to this letter.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/pit-area/

40 new barriers...I'm so stoked! Way to go SMI and Mr. Smith !!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

2. Palanon

Palanon Well-Known Member

Oh, this goes for friends, family and spectators.

We really want them to know how much we appreciate them stepping up for what is really a small segment of their business.

3. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

It's not often i get a chance to run up there, but that sure is good news for everyone who calls that place home.

4. criminalspeed

criminalspeed Well-Known Member

Hello WERA friends,

If you do decide to come over and sign, please put WERA after your names.
    This way your organization will be visible and recieve due credit.

If you would like to start your own letter centered around the recognition of safety by Mr. Smith and his organization, please feel free to use any part, or all of ours.

We know it is not a WERA venue, but as John once put it "contributing for the good of all..."

Thank you to Mongo and mods,
    Dan Martin
    # 486

5. criminalspeed

direct link to the letter:

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/pit-area/45909-fing-amazing-news-copy-paste-your-name.html

6. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

Very good news! :up:

7. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Awesome, when will these be up? I will be there on th 24th and 25th, and most of the other events this season.

8. criminalspeed

They are on order now, Betty hopes they will be in for the first weekend, she said definately by the second weekend.

Will be up for every event including trackdays once they arrive.

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Ah! I thought I was going to read about Bruton deciding to put in an actual roadcourse. However, good news indeed.

10. crossroader

crossroader road racing junkie

Without a REAL road course, as in a course approved by the AMA riders, NHMS cannot get an AMA National back as they have stated they want. Rome wasn't built in a day...

Ed

11. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's approved by AMA riders. I want a real road course anyways.

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Economy has delayed what was rumored to be in the works for this year. They have a rough idea where they are putting it, just going through a thorough process as far as addressing the details.

13. criminalspeed