Av Gas.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by cedestech, Mar 6, 2002.

1. cedestech

cedestech Well-Known Member

Make sure you go to a small airport that has
    a bunch of genseral aviation.The fuel will be fresher. Also if your going to use avgas play with the jetting some. As I
    remember it has a fairly low specific
    gravity so the jetting is a bit smaller then
    C-12.

Emmett.

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Wow, a topic I actually know something about.

You should be able to buy Avgas with no problems. The only thing that is frowned upon is pumping it directly into a "street" vehicle. This is because airport and not highway taxes are charged on the fuel so it is technically illegal to use on the road. In my flight instructor days I sold it to anyone. Many of your local stock car racers use it.

The standard Avgas sold in the US is 100LL (low lead). It is still possible, although VERY rare, to find 80. While the fuel is called "low lead", it actually has 5 times as much lead as leaded pump gas. I do not know how that compares to the lead in race gas but I bet it is more.

Anyway, if you have aviation questions, I can help. When it comes to racing, I don't know crap!

BTW, anyone have a 94 TZ125 with lots of spares forsale?

STEVE

3. gpwannabe

gpwannabe Well-Known Member

Is Floyds knobs a real place? [​IMG]

4. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

It's my understanding that the Low Lead Av Gas still contains more lead than even race gas. It's horrible to think how much lead the now low lead stuff had. I have seen avgas used successfully in all kinds of car engines (including a 950hp twin turbo mustang) and my friend has had no problems running it in his Turbo Busa. I have also run it in many motocross bikes and Banshees so basically I would say it's safe in anything...

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Nuetec is about 55 for 5 gallons for the oxygenated gas

6. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I think Nutec is smoking there fuel.. $55 for 5 that's nuts..
    I found out that 100LL AV, is 2.36 a galllon at the airport.. SWEET !
    I called them, but hte guy I need was out so tomorrow he's getting another call and maybe a stopbye..

-Lee

7. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Sadly, yes it is a real place. Very nice, actually. Fuzzy Zoeller lives here. Bigot or not, I guess we have to claim him.

STEVE