1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin, Texas USA | MotoGP | 2017 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Apr 18, 2017.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

According to Rossi himself he didn't know about the penalty until after the finish of the race.

2. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Good thing he decided to check out rather than play it safe.

Sprayed one of the girls in the crotch, very deliberately

3. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Link to video? ;-)

Joe Lopez likes this.
  4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Definitely got both. One in the front, one from the back.

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

No talk of JL99's solid 9th? Behind his teammate and Petrucci.

I thought he came to play in the opening laps - then nope.

The Great One and Phl218 like this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's easier to show a flag color on the dash than a time penalty and a written message.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

And Iannone. :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just speculation but the team may have determined that they did not need to show it to him. Pedrosa dropped back precipitously when Rossi passed him.

They know how to handle it when it needs to be communicated. One of Rossi's best races ever involved a 10-second penalty Capirossi at Phillip Island, if I remember those details correctly. The team told him how much of a gap he needed, and he dialed it into into the bike and took off.

Incidentally, that was one of the events that convinced me that he ran unopposed until 2007. :D

scottn and V5 Racer like this.
  9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

AI29's Suzuki was changing directions and gaining on the Ducati a ton in the tighter stuff- it looked like the race leader was catching up to back markers.
    Either Jlo was cruising around at that point or the bike still only likes to go straight. I'm sure Iannone got a kick out if it too.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Did I hear that JL was on soft/soft? I'm guessing his tires were done by then.

It kind of sounds like he did the wild card rider thing and ran tires that would get him camera time at the front for as long as the held up. It's crazy that a 3x champ would resort to that but desperate times=desperate measures.

masshole likes this.
  11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

The commentators did say soft/soft, but later in the race they showed the tire chart for all the rider and showed him med/soft.

12. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Per the interviews, that was the case. They told Rossi after the race that they had decided not to show him once he had opened up a 1-sec gap rather quickly after passing Pedrosa. Rossi was thankful, as both he and Pedrosa stated that trying to convey that type of message via pitboard is very difficult and may have only caused more confusion.

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i agree... we all know what happens to rossi on "flag to flag" wet races when he needs to come in to change tires and they tell him to on the pit board lol ignore lol lose 4 places.

14. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The disappointment in the face of management at the end---priceless.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    HPPT likes this.
  15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I really have to say you 'Muricans give out the most ugly trophies of all the championship. Those things looked completely ridiculous and seemed they were welded in a hurry in one of the nearby garages...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  16. Come on now! It's not like we just hand out a bunch of used bricks or something!

Oh, wait.....:oops:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought they were cool - for club races. Not sure what they were thinking for a GP race.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe so, but American podium celebrations are second to none. Year after year, consistently, bitches ladies don't shy away from a champagne shower. Most times, they're dancing in it. :D

BigBird likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just have to get them from the proper law school :crackup:

20. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Exactly. They reminded me of the trophies we had when racing in Vintage back in the day. Cool at our level, totally inapropriate for a world class event. Didn't they have ugly trophies one year at Indy too ?