1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asthmatic Man Who Sold Untaxed Cigarettes Dies During Arrest

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Jul 18, 2014.

1. With some helpful "guidance" from the DA, no doubt.:up:

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Is that the same world where homicide means murder and pre existing medical conditions don't exist? Where imaginary autopsy reports are read and argued.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Keep it up, you're on track to break your own record for stupid in as few pages as possible. :up:

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Stupid has been achieved in a single thread starting post more than once. How does one break that record?:D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't embarrass yourself further. It's guys on your side who are trying to put words in Slider's mouth. He said it was a homicide, not murder.

Meanwhile, you are trying to make is believed that Garner was going to die that day anyway. Stupid cops could have just talked to him 10 more minutes and he would have collapsed and died on his own. :D

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Well there are reports that he couldn't walk from here to there without collapsing from heat exhaustion. :D

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

:crackup:

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh. Everyone knows smoking will kill you.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is why I threw in the question about picking up trash. If the sergeant handed out spike picks and told them to pick up trash, what would they do?
    No answer, of course. How about I get the answers to a few tough questions first, I've answered every question asked of me while others who want to lecture avoid the tough questions.

10. 600 dbl are

Probably because it's a shitty example and a stupid question. It's not the LEO's job to pick up trash. It is however their job to enforce the law, which is what they were doing when this incident took place. If they were ordered to make an illegal apprehension, which they weren't, you would have a point.

Just because YOU don't like a particular law does not mean it should not be enforced. The arrest was legal, no matter how much you don't want it to be. You want to argue the validity of the law, take it up with the law makers.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The cops couldn't have known an extremely obese man who wheezed when he talked and could hardly walk might not fare well when tackled and pig-piled.
    No non-physician could be expected to possess such arcane knowledge.

12. 600 dbl are

I got nothin' :D

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the sergeant ordered his minions to issue spike sticks, it would not be a legal order. There is no authority granted for him to issue that order. In that case, the sergeant could be disciplined.

The sergeant could issue an order for more stringent enforcement of litter laws.

14. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Plain and simple. The point I made was that garner was in such poor health it didn't make much to tip him over the edge. I have seen NO evidence to support his injuries would have been lethal on their own. It was his shit health that killed him along with some really poor decision making skills.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Which again begs the unanswered question...what do you expect the cops to do with a non-compliant suspect they're taking into custody?

Don't start with your unjust law Fred Astaire impression. Straight the fuck up, what should Gunther Toody and Barney Fife have done to affect this guy's arrest?

16. Dr. Rob MD. Able to give detailed evaluations of a persons health and life expectancy simply by watching a short video of them. :D

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

He wants you to let him go with (another) warning. I mean it's not like he was out there causing any real damage to society. Don't cops have anything else to do than harass someone barely breaking the law? :D

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One problem as I see it is that society has encouraged passing laws to discourage smoking in order to save lives. Since it's not lawful to make a product like tobacco illegal with any good results, the powers that be keep increasing the tax in a effort to price it past the ability for most to be able to pay. Then, along comes folks like IYC, who thinks it's a foolish law and does not believe it's worth enforcing. We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Secondly, I have looked for the ME report on Eric Garner's death and cannot find a copy of it anywhere in spite of the fact that the mayor has referred to it, it was apparently available to the Grand Jury, and also to a street vendor in Bumfuck, Egypt. WTF!

RobP deserves an answer dammit.:)

19. Right. How ridiculous and stupid of me to think that a DA might show favoritism to the police. DA's never do that. :up:

20. 600 dbl are

Now that you've identified the problem, you can get around to fixing it.

The political machine has already unjustly awarded the shit bags family 5.9 million dollars. If there was sufficient evidence to prosecute they would have, if nothing more just to satisfy idiots like you.