As if Nascar couldn't get any WORSE.

Discussion in 'General' started by oldmonk, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They would if there was a track change or tire change that didn't show until it was almost race time.

2. tarheelguy451

tarheelguy451 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them forced to run car's that have a VIN #.

Is it STOCK car racing, or isn't it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's easy, it isn't.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hasn't been for decades.

5. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

I think track day and race orgs should also track VIN numbers from the track bike's...I wonder how many would come up as stolen.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last time it was done at a race org the answer was none. They did find one single stolen bike a spectator had.

7. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Awesome!

Then I will retract my feelings..I was under the impression there were much more Ray's in this world.

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: That's what I say, why don't they race in the rain ? I think they're the only motorsport that doesn't in the whole world.

9. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Nobody runs ovals in the rain...

10. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

I actually searched for a reason why yesterday, and it's fucking hilarious why. Most of the reasons outlined are:
    a) They claim rain will puddle more on a banked oval than it does on a flat road course.
    b) They claim that the drivers are so close to the limits, racing in the rain would just be dangerous as they'd constantly be crossing that limit threshold.
    c) They claim that if the drivers lose control in the rain, they don't have run-offs like road courses and will go straight into the walls.
    d) They claim that rain tires will not last as long on an oval as would slicks.

Basically, it comes down to the manufacturer association doing everything they can to keep technology out of of the racing and rely mostly on the engine, tuning, and passing in the pits. Where in motorcycle racing you see people pushing for newer technology to even attempt to making the racing better, NASCAR is pushing back everything but 1950's technology in fear that one or two teams will spend the money on trick bits and gain an advantage over everyone else.

It will continue on being nothing but a bunch of metal and engine work just to make your car the exact same as the one next to you, even though one may be a Toyota and the other may be a Dodge, running in circles with the cars buttfucking each other with the aid of pam cooking spray.

11. cgordon3

C is the only one to me that makes since. No good on the oval in the wet.

Road courses though... go for it!!!

12. Demented

If they crash in the dry, where do they go? Into those fancy SAFER barriers lining the walls.

13. cgordon3

good point...

but I don't think Indy car races in the wet on ovals either.... do they?

14. Demented

Road courses, the Indy 500, and I believe one or two other oval courses they will run in the rain and have. With how the drivers are pretty much exposed in Indy, they have more of a valid reason to not race in the rain, but they've shown it's still safe enough to run.

The Nationwide series has shown that Goodyear has actually developed a decent rain tire that works. I think it's more of a lot of the current NASCAR racers having grown up racing on dirt, and that fear of racing in mud has transferred over to the road.

15. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

Because going around a one mile long oval for 500 laps is edge of your seat excitement.

There's also:

Formula racing
    (Open wheel car) F1 • F2 • F3 • F4 • F3000 • F4000 • F5000 • Formula Atlantic • Formula First • Formula Junior • Formula Libre • Formula Mondial • Formula Holden • Formula Nippon • Champ Car • IndyCar • FCJ • Formula Dream • Formula Pacific • IFM • EuroBOSS • FJ1600

One-make formulae GP2 • GP3 • Formula Abarth • Formula Asia • Formula Atlantic • Formula BMW • Formula C • FC Euro Series • Formula Continental • Formula Ford • FF1600 • FF2000 • Formula König • Formula LGB (Swift • Hyundai) • Formula Maruti • Formula Mazda • Formula Monza • Formula Opel/Vauxhall • Formula Nissan • FPA • Formula Renault • Formula Rolon • Formula RUS • Formula Super Vee • Formula Suzuki Kei Sport • Formula Suzuki Hayabusa • Formula Toyota • Formula Vee • A1GP • Superleague Formula • Indy Lights • Auto GP • Barber Pro • Star Mazda • GPM • SRF

Karting KF3 • KF2 • KF1 • KZ2 • KZ1 • Superkart • Formula E

Touring car racing Group 1 • Group 2 • Group 5 • Group A • Group C • Group E • Group F • Group G • Group H • Group N • Group S • Group SE • Group SP • Appendix J • Super 2000 • Diesel 2000 • Class 1 • Class 2 • Super Touring • Super Production • BTC-T • V8 Supercar • DTM • V8Star • NGTC • TC2000

ARCA • Late model • Super Stock • Street Stock • BriSCA F1 • BriSCA F2 • Hot Rods • Brasil • Ministox • IMCA Sport Compact • Legends • Eurocar • AUSCAR • Supermodified

Rallying Group 1 • Group 2 • Group 4 • Group A • Group B • Group N • Group S • WRC • Super 1600 • Super 2000

Sports Cars DP • Group 4 • Group 5 • Group 6 • Group 7 • Group C • Group CN • IMSA GTP • Camel Light • LMP • FLM • S2000 • Clubmans • GC • GC-21 • Group A Sports Cars

Grand Touring Group 3 • Group 4 • Group 5 • Group B • GT1 • GT2 • GT3 • GT4 • GT500 • GT300 • Trans-Am • IMSA GTO/GTS • IMSA GTU • Appendix K • Group D GT Cars • Group D Production Sports Cars

Drag racing Top Fuel • Funny Car • Pro Stock • Top Alcohol • Pro Modified • Pro RWD • Pro FWD • All Motor • Super Comp/Quick Rod • Street Stock • Top Doorslammer

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

What a list....ChampCar is gone though :Poke:

17. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:crackup: You're out of your mind.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I don't think that the drivers/mechanics/engineers in NASCAR are anything less than top 2% of their field kind of talents, I'm not hating on them at all. I just find the racing very boring. Yeah, the last 10 laps may be a riot, but I'd never know because I can never get through the first 4 hours of caution laps and what looks like guys racing at 80% (to my untrained non-Nascar fan eye).

I just doesn't hold my attention at all, and that's rare for me and motorsports. Hell, I'll watch hillbilly hillclimbs, mud drags, anything pretty much except for Nascar and monster trucks.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but Nascar just ain't for me. Frankly, I can't understand what it holds for anyone. I don't really care for baseball, basketball, tennis, or hockey either, but I get why others may like it. Playing those sports as an amatuer certainly may heighten your interest in the professional game. Driving your Corolla, F150 or Camaro to the mall is not the amatuer version of Nascar.

Seriously I can't understand how anyone can be sitting there during the 4th caution and 134th lap of some 400 mile race thinking "man, I love this!"

Not saying they shouldn't, just that I don't get it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  19. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

speaking of, why is it always the cars that are covered in nascar stickers that do 10mph under the speed limit EVERYWHERE???

20. Demented

Because no one has instituted the lucky dog rule outside of NASCAR, so the penalty for being caught speeding is much worse.