1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As if Nascar couldn't get any WORSE.

Discussion in 'General' started by oldmonk, Apr 16, 2011.

1. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

For some reason I'm sitting here watching this nationwide race, and now you can't even race unless you have someone pushing you down the track!!!! This is so stupid it should hurt! They can't even finish the race because everyone keep hitting the car they're trying push down the track. Plus earlier when someone would spin and not hit a single thing and still be on the track they still throw the yellow flag!!!!! I can't believe the driver don't sit back and wonder how dumb this really is!! It's not real racing! Sorry to bring up an old subject, but it's a new twist! Heck, there won't be enough cars to finish the race!!:down:

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

First time watching NASCAR?

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A cigarette butt on the track gets a yellow!

4. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

At best it is spec-racing.....at worst it is the horrible bastard child of the WWE and a Disney movie. Either way, it sucks ass.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The yellow flags are works anymore.

6. oldmonk

:confused: Am I missing something?

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Hows that different than when a guy loses the draft at Daytona on 2 wheels and no longer has a chance to stay up front.

8. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

a lot different

9. oldmonk

This was different. But, no I normally don't watch.

10. oldmonk

So much different, that it shouldn't even use the same lingo.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Harry Hogge: All right. While we're still under a caution, I want you to go back out on that track and hit the pace car.
    Cole Trickle: Hit the pace car?
    Harry: HIT the pace car!
    Cole: What for?
    Harry: Because you've hit every other goddamned thing out there, I want you to be perfect.

12. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Stupid is correct.... I can't even watch the stuff. :eek:

13. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

All this bitching about nascar.Say what you want it's better than any other form of 4 wheeled competition except dirt track.

14. Marc Camp

No it's not.Well one small difference. Nobody is watching the road race.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You would rather watch NASCAR than F1?

16. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

NASCAR at least has crashes to keep you entertained. F1 is just, boring now.

17. Marc Camp

Absolutely,I was a big fan of f1.Not anymore.F1 drivers are not the best in the world anymore.Single file racing.:down:Nothing entertaining about it.I watch qualifying and thats it.The race stinks.

18. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

the tv was on nascar qualifying earlier today (definitely not intentional) and they had a car telemetry widget on the screen. For the handful of laps I watched, the car never dropped below 8200 rpms, staying right at 8400 most of the time, never dropped from 100% throttle, speed never dropped more than like 2mph and the little brake light never so much as blinked. It's like they want to make sure EVERYONE knows the driver isn't doing anything other than holding down the pedal and turning the wheel slightly to the left....

The car was just going in circles, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and I'm sitting here realizing exactly why so many people go to Talladega just to get drunk in the trailer park that forms outside the track: you HAVE to be drunk for this to be even remotely entertaining.

I don't like the races very much either but I'll say NASCAR qualifying is the motorsports version of taking a nap...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  19. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

:stupid:

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY

Isn't that what Bob Varsha says at the start of every F1 race?