1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

arogant prick

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tank Boy, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

2. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

oh you just had to do that, go and ruin a lot of people's arguments and days (but made mine)

3. mad brad

mad brad Guest

sorry boys. that's statistical information. people can twist numbers all day to get their argument. medical companies do that with numbers all the time. :rolleyes:

4. WeaselBob

and what's more reliable than statistics? opinions?

we all know what slimeballs medical companies can be

5. mad brad

mad brad Guest

no.

tell me asshole. take any medications? rely on anything medically commercial to live? ever have a tooth filling or cast on your arm?

tell me.

sorry to rain on your clinton parade. but reagan didn't get impeached.:Poke: :beer:

6. WeaselBob

you sure bit on that troll bait didn't you doughboy? :D

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yeah, don't you just hate it when facts get in the way?:rolleyes:

MTK. . . your Uber-Hero Ronnie compares nicely to Clinton the satanic tax-freak, doesn't he? :Poke: :D

But seriously now, you really think Ronnie was a great gunslinger don't you? The truth is that Grenada, Panama, illegal arms to Iran for hostages and supplying Saddam with all sorts of cool killing related stuff doesn't turn him into a tough guy. At least Bush II had the balls to take on a real bad guy. But too bad he can't focus on Osama, our real enemy.

Have you taken a chill pill yet?:D

Rodger

8. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Like we're all going to jump up and say "Yeah, I'm on thorazine. Why?":D :D

Rodger

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

okay, but tell me. do you not love what it does for you? :D

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

First of all I explain that it was a mistake on my part I meant the statement about tuition assistance in general but...

for you and the others so interested in finding racism where it doesn't exist... saying I don't agree with affirmative action doesn't make me a racist so how about you and Yamabob work on your inference recognition. There was nothing whatsoever racist about my statement. I don't hear you defending the women with regards to my statement. :rolleyes:

11. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Pell grants were awarded solely based on income levels so thats nothing to do with affirmative action.

And, especially on bbs', I try to overlook what only might be racist comments. And I try to be polite too :)

12. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

LOL, I thought the same thing about no one jumping on the "sexist" bandwagon. I guess it's not as fashionable as playing the racist card.

Don't sweat it about the racist thingy either. A while ago on this very bbs, I indicated that I felt that affirmative action was no longer applicable, particularly in relation to lowering the criteria to be accepted into college or the fire/police academy and some folks nearly tried to label me a racist. Anyone that really knows me knows that isn't the case, I hate everyone equally! ;)

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

When Reagan was president, Dim-o-crats controlled the congress and approved $pending.

To get the military spending past Congress, many defense bills had the Dem's pet projects attached to them, thus upping the spending mucho.

The Pres does'nt approve the spending....

14. wera176

That's actually a two-way street. V-E-T-O. The Prez can threaten to veto unless his pet project is attached... I'm not 100% sure (that stuff was below my radar when Ronnie was Prez) but I *think* he used that a few times....

15. scottforsythe

scottforsythe Active Member

Which is why Presidents have wanted the line-item veto. the ability to kill portions of spending bills that are nothing but a waste of our tax money

16. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Yeah, but that is a fundamental shift in the power balance of our government, putting more in the hands of the Executive Branch, which has usurped too much power already.

Didn't it get passed a few years ago, only to be ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court?

17. scottforsythe

scottforsythe Active Member

If I am not mistaken Clinton wanted it badly and the republican controlled congress refused to pass it.

You think the executive branch has usurped too much power you should take a long hard look at the courts in this country.

Most "law" is now mothing more than judical directives.
    Since our system of law works on the basis of precedence, courts across the country has foisted their opinions off on us.

18. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

My Favorite Bobble Head Doll....

James Watt

Remember President Reagan's Interior Secretary, James Watt? The Secretary brought down by an off-color joke, I believe?

"I have a black, a woman, two Jews and a cripple. And we have talent."

He had originally proposed selling off of National Park and Forest Lands to the uber-rich individuals and corporate contributors of the President Reagan. You know, those lands held in trust for the rest of us, by Teddy Roosevelt and many, many others. Well, guess what? Bush II is trying to do the same...??

19. wera176

tehehe, keep telling yourself that's why President's want the line-item veto... ;)

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Let it go man, I said the statement was general and not just for Pell grants. I don't really remember specifics about any of that shit... I've been out of high school for 20 years. I'm getting old and forgetful. ;)

The affirmative action was just an example of something that a person can disagree with and still not be a racist.

As for being polite... I try too when I'm not in a hurry. They are making me earn my pay lately so I have to move quick on here. :D