1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there really just 7 qualifiers in AMA Supersport at Fontana?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich SmithMoore, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Or is something wrong with the live timing?

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

There are only seven.

3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Just start and finish and you are guaranteed an AMA top 10 result! :up:

In all seriousness it's really pretty sad. I think that the age limit made that class too restrictive and somebody must have grossly over-estimated the number of 16-21 yo's that are actually racing 600s. I'm sure that the economy even played some role in diminishing the grid but this certainly ain't motocross...

4. Rich SmithMoore

Wow. Maybe they should raise the age limit to.....55?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lower or upper limit? :D

6. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

16-26 would have put us on the grid. ;)

7. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

I guess another nail in the DMG circus coffin.

8. Rich SmithMoore

Min 50 Max 55 and my AMA career would be up and running!:crackup:

9. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I'd bet the problem is the money not a lot of 16 year olds can aford to travel accross the country with a bike in tow.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Shit, I think we had more bikes than that in HW Twins back in the day. :D

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Really?? :D

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12 hrs of Sebring is on. Trust me, it will make you feel better.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  13. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

There was only 6 SS kiddies signed up for miller and with no Superbike racing, DMG would have looked like a bigger goof than they already are. Probably had a lot to do with Edmonson tucking his tail and running away from Miller. Once again, Roger Edmonson, is a complete tool.:Puke:

14. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

You hit the nail on the head. I know of a few people that are staying close to home this year or are not even racing at all.

15. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

Honestly I think both lowering and raising the age limit.
    16 is the same age as every other class, and why race in supersport with almost no payout when you can race in Daytona superbike and it spays down to 20th. If they lower the age to 15 or ever dare I say 14 they would attract a whole crowd of kids who cant fill the DS grid. Then they could also raise the upper age to 26 and not let people who finish in the top 5 or something to stay in the class if they are above the 16 yr old age.

We have 14yr olds in WERA like my son. he turns 15 in a few weeks and trust me if we could he would be on that grid today. If you have expert status like the class requires I cant see keeping out 15yr old kids. (well we know its insurance) but it would make for a better grid, bigger grid, and more of a story to watch kids that age riding these bikes, its what made the Rookies cup so good.

16. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

Also the economy here out west is bad, so many people out of work and such a high cost of living its got many kids I know either sitting it out or staying in WERA or similar.

17. Noodlerizer

Noodlerizer Well-Known Member

Damn I could be down there right now pulling stand up wheelies all race long and still get 8th place. :D

18. Desmorosso

Desmorosso Well-Known Member

Ahhh.. usually I don't watch car racing but those Ferraris make me drool, it's theraputic watching them dance

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

New flash...its not just out west.

20. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

:up:

Can you advise Justin on the wheelie part? He could use some work... :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009