1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are pit bikes allowed at Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducpimp, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if pit bikes will be allowed at the Mid Ohio round July 18-20? I know last time I was at the AMA race they only allowed licensed vehicles.

Thanks

Aaron

2. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Hey Aaron...

Last time I checked, they did not allow unlicensed vehicles. If you're a spectator anything you ride around the track must be licensed.

Hope that helps,

3. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

that's what i remember from last year....if you want to go outside the pits it had to have a plate.

(my ttr125 sure looked funny with my truck plate duct taped to the back....)

4. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, that is what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

5. WERA49

WERA49 Well-Known Member

A security guy at Mid-Ohio stopped me because I was riding my BMX bike (vintage Haro). I had to park it. I ask if I could ride my YSR. He said "Sure, no problem".

That's when I realized why Kevin Schwantz was nearly thrown in jail at Mid-Ohio. :(

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I didn't have any problems on an XR100 last year, but I rode around slow and tried to not give anyone a reason to give me a hard time .. YRMV ..

7. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

They were allowed in the pits (fenced in area) but not in the lots. Don't know about plated vehicles, though.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Legally plated - everywhere.

Pitbike non plated - paddock only.

Bicycles - not at all (too quiet is I believe the reasoning).

9. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Mongo,
    Are you back or just working on the road?
    I am going to send you an email!!

10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

lol!!!

are they not going to let us in until the morning of....like last year?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes - especially since we're starting on Monday this year. No one in til Monday early, practice starts I think at 9am so there should be time to handle everything.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

My pit bitch was kicked out a few years back for riding his mountian bike in the pits. :rolleyes:

13. balistic

balistic Well-Known Member

Don't forget anyone who can reach the pedals can drive a golf cart full speed anywhere!!!!!