1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Legal Issues, sent an extra ipad, and we were told to keep it

Discussion in 'General' started by strgt, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

:crackup:

Personally I would've shipped the damn thing back regardless. Wasn't mine, I didn't pay for it, and don't need the gift.

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

The confetti means nothing! Nothing free is for real until you're handed a huge oversize cardboard check.

3. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I bet none of the higher ground crowd on here would take the $$$ out of their own pocket to return it.No call tag,no return.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oxygen must be a rare commodity at the altitude they are sitting on those high horses. :D

Or maybe they've never been screwed by an incompetent sales/service rep. I've had to escalate things to corporate headquarters or a CEO (although I'm assuming the letter didn't quite make it that high) once or twice. Every instance was resolved in my favor, with an apology from the company after they conducted an inquiry. Big waste of time for everyone involved every time, just because some low-level idiot couldn't do his job.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're really trying to use them telling his wife and not him as a basis for your argument? Seriously that's all you've got?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They called customer service. Is there some sort of rule about how many times they should call before accepting it's theirs? 2? 3?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Until the confetti drop.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're trying to come up with things they should have done that no matter what would ultimately result in them not keeping - even after being told by the company to do so. Got it.

9. YamRZ350

But in this case you'll believe some low-level idiot when he tells you to keep it? And to make it worse you make a $70 decision based on this low-level idiots word?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're the one moving the line. They called Apple. Apples rep said keep it. There's your line right there. Nice and clear. Apple since changed their mind - I'm guessing they realized they had a bunch of mistakes like this so now they're freaked and set other CSR's to try and get back as many of their mistakes as they can. Even if the receiving customers are legally allowed to keep the mistakes. So Apple moved the line.

11. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

No. I'm pretty sure he's implied they are lying about what he posted! :rolleyes:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since the low level idiot punches the issue into a computer and repeats what their policy is, yeah, they can be believed.

13. YamRZ350

That's how it works, huh?

lol.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically yes. Same for tech support and the like. They're just call centers repeating what the company policy is.

15. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I just dont like when people rationalize things. Hey all year long last year I "rationalized" chasing regional championships to earn a discount card for 2012. Guess I shouldnt of rationalized that. :D

Ride safe,
    AAron

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In this case, I don't have the information to make the determination that the low-level idiot doesn't know his job. Not until someone else calls later and tells me I owe them money for the second iPad. While talking to the first sales rep, I don't have a computer readout of Apple's policies in front of me.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're doing the rationalization though, you're going past a perfectly normal answer given by the company and then determining he should have done more.

18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I dont have to rationalize anything as I don't have anything in this except for my opinion. I know that if I kept something I didn't pay for I wouldn't feel right about it no matter how I tried to rationalize it. Like I said it is my opinion others will certainly disagree.

Ride safe,
    AAron

19. Can you tell me what you think my "argument" is? Thanks.

I choose my words very carefully. Apparently you do not know what the word "hearsay" means :rolleyes:

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Does anyone here honestly think it is "normal" for a company to say "no worries, keep it, it's on us" for a $500-$800 item.