1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone subscribe to Hulu?

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Apr 9, 2012.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Is it worth it?

2. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Just started using it and its def worth the $$$$$$.....also some cool stuff like on any sunday so Yea its worth it.

3. Skrawny

Skrawny Well-Known Member

Other than the commercials its pretty good.

Commercials are only about 45 sec. to 1 min long.

4. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Thanks, you two. :beer:

When you subscribe does it go to your home computer and iPhone or just to either one or the other?

Also, is HuluPlus worth it?

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Regular Hulu is PC-only

Hulu+ is pretty much any device you could want - PC, iP*, Android phone, Android tablet, Xbox, etc

For $7.99/mo, definitely worth it. Only complaint is they don't have Archer - but that's FX's fault. Eedjits.

6. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

When you subscribe to Hulu + you have access to it anywhere - phone/tablet/ps3/computer. anywhere you have the app installed really.

normal hulu is pc only

hulu + allows you to see shows the next day, hulu basic is wait a week.

some series' are still PC only like most/all the USA Network shows regardless if you're basic or +.

it's definitely worth it, if you have an .edu email you can get a discount as well. i haven't had cable in 9 months.

edit: well that's pretty much exactly what tophyr said...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Commercials on the normal one or on plus?

8. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Screw that then - not paying for something AND having to watch commercials I don't even watch on normal tv.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I had the same issue- I'm paying a premium and I still have to watch commercials? No thanks. Netflix is getting my money right now, watch it through the Roku with no complaints.

11. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

Exactly, I tried the week trial of Hulu+ and cancelled it in like 3 days knowing I wouldn't keep it. Either make it free with commercials, or charge enough that you can remove them. I won't pay AND watch commercials.

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

The commercials take a total of 2m, for 21-23m of actual content. Cable makes you watch five times that. 2m+$7.99 > 10m+$89.99?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  13. Dmtalon

Dmtalon Well-Known Member

I watch maybe 1-7 seconds of commercials during a typically show since along with that $75/mo bill I get a devices that lets me pre-record and thus simply skip them. Hulu you're forced to walk away OR watch them.

And, I'd drop cable if I were single. Wife isn't interested in playing the IPTV only game.

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Hulu+ = $7.99 per month with commercials.
    Netflix = $7.99 per month without commercials. And they have Archer.

I'll go without commercials for the same price, thanks. Archer is the bonus.

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Only seasons 1 and 2 :(

Which I can quote pretty much verbatim already

16. 418

418 Expert #59

We've had Hulu+ through our PS3. There is a few shows we like, most of the stuff I've never heard of. If you think it's going to replace your cable you're in for a rude awaking. Honestly, it sucks. Most of the shit is outdated.

Haven't tried Netflix, do they haven anything worthwhile?

17. MDGeist

MDGeist Tropical Splash rider.

We have no cable, just air tv, so we got NetFlix, and Hulu+. Been using both for about two months. I like NetFlix better, pretty much due to the commercials on Hulu+, and that NetFlix seems to have more of what i like.

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Just shut off the cable tonight. Tired of that huge bill for the 500 channels I don't watch. Got Netflix on the Xbox. No motorcycle racing except for what I can find on racing*****ground. Pray for my soul. :D

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

What sucks about Hulu+ is that you can't skip the commericals. So I DVR a bunch of stuff and skip commericals all the time. With Hulu+ I'm stuck watching them. Boo!

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It sounds like you are entering the Zone of Danger. What's another phrase for that? Uh?

Oh wait you don't know that joke yet. :crackup: