1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Know of the SMARS (Southern Motorcycle Asphalt Racing Series) ?

Discussion in 'General' started by eric hunter, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

How does the quality of the racing surface compare to what we normally race on?
    Daaaaang! Some of the passes on lappers are a lit-tle hairy!!!!
    Looks like a blast!

2. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Depends on what tracks you race on. Compared to most of the Texas tracks, they're smooth as butter :eek:

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

In some cases Mobile, Montgomery, and Opp, the surface is smooth and brand new (within 2-3 years old)

Five Flags (our first track, is old and rough which makes the bike wiggle a lil more. Think jennings abrasive.....

The lappers are always a part of the deal and we tell everyone just like riders meeting to HOLD THEIR LINE!!!

Just like in any racing, some follow instructions, some dont....

Never had an accident due to a lapper though...

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

.....I (obviously!!!) hope you don't! Some of the closing speeds were pretty high. Same as any other time on the track, I guess.
    Isn't it crazy how some people can't follow simple rules.....especially ones that put themselves in danger?!

5. Robby-Bobby

Well at 5Flags (where we aways have HUGE grids) we have changed it a little by having a pro and amateur class. and also a sportbike and motard class

It worked well but the am's didnt get paid....

So with 20 or more, we try to split the classes.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

You going to be dong anything closer to Atlanta? 8 hours is a little far for me.

7. sowega

sowega #710

Please keep the dong away from Atlanta.

8. Robby-Bobby

I mean we just raced Montgomery.....

The double header at South Alabama Speedway Oct 19-20 is only like 4 hrs away from you according to Mapquest...

Its only 5 hrs to Pensacola or Mobile.....