Anyone familiar with restaurant table tracking

Discussion in 'General' started by Pittenger5, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Agreed...12% would be better

badmoon692008 and JBall like this.
  2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sparkling Ale! Now you are talking. I visited Adelaide back in the 90's, and my wife wasn't so keen on me spending an entire day at Cooper's.
    Wishing you and your wife luck with the new venture. Sure seems like a lot of small farmhouse breweries out that way.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I actually think electrified seats might be more fun. :D

4. dsapsis

Welcome to my world.

crashman likes this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Minor thread derailment here. Have you tried Pirate Bomb by Prairie Brewers? If so what is your opinion and what others are out there that are similar. I love everything about it except the price...

6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

A pizza spot near me (Fellini's Pizza) uses cheap plastic photo stands 6 x 4 or whatever with old movie characters with the character name in sharpie on the back. fun guessing game and better than a number.

ChemGuy likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Nice!

"Dave likes to cook and dabbles in charcuterie and motorcycle racing." Had no idea about the racing part :D

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Touch pad at table, customer punches in their number when they sit down

Phl218 and motoracer1100 like this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's my suggestion, the atmosphere sounds like it would be acceptable.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

This is your answer. It's simple and it requires no flags. Flags will take up space, they will need to be cleaned
    constantly and they will get lost, don't screw around with flags. The simpler you keep things, the fewer chances
    things will get fucked up. Speaking as a former restaurant manager, this is the solution I would try first.

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yeah that was kind of Tongue in cheek...but as a general idea vs just numbers. You could do pop culture, celebrity references (GoT House Stark, Sponge bob, Simpsons, etc) but make them big and colorful. Finding a little stick with a 3"x3" number 82 vs # 92 sucks.

I would have a small rack near the order booth and let people pick what flag they want, just note it in the system and it shows on the ticket. 2 orders of wings and fries goes to Bart Simpson, 1 burger and coleslaw goes to Sponge bob...etc is easier than dealing with numbers.

Just my opinion.....but Im usually right.:D

pfhenry likes this.
  12. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

Why not the pagers like chain restaurants use to let you know your table is ready, just use them to let patrons know the food is ready. Then you only need one person to make sure people get the right food and return the pager. Under $500 all in for a 10 pager system

https://mmcallus.com/restaurant/buzzer-system

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

YamahaRick likes this.
  13. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

Plus, whenever I have to get up to get food, I think I might as well grab another beer!

14. dsapsis

We covered that Crash (see PM), but all I could get my hands on was plain ol' Bomb (yes, I liked it very much and thought the chili and coffee, while both assertive, worked really well). For some reason I can't find it in search, but i recall doing the math and a six-pack was about 90 bucks. Ouch.

Epic out of Colorado makes some nice flavored Imperial Stouts as well. Actually, you could search the web or the linked review publication for ideas, but some of those judges don't seem too good at the job. A lot of brewers are moving to making strong "dessert" stouts that are drifing away from the RIS standard and using flavoring agents. Sometimes they work, other times not so much.

crashman likes this.
  15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Didn't read the whole thread but the cheap pagers have always worked wonders at some of the trucking docks I send my guys to....,plus nobody wants to steal them.

16. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

So you opened a restaurant- have a bar, kitchen, ordering system and food runners.
    People place their order and are being SERVED but you never hired servers??? and are too cheap to buy a 6K system to invest in a great well run restaurant?

I’m only being sarcastic......but if customers don’t want to tip, and you don’t want to pay the wait staff then GPS is a cheap solution. No health insurance and will never call out sick.

AND happy customers will come back to have this investment payoff. Vs people thinking what a disorganized mess or cold food, or wrong food and not return = no customers.

I have worked as an bartender, expediter, runner and server in various types of establishments. Fine dining, clubs to outdoor seafood wharf type restaurants.

I wish you great success in a very fun and challenging venture!!

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Make whomever is taking the order watch out where the customers are sitting down. Tables and zone system required.
    It’s a bit of a multitasking thing, but not too hard to learn.
    local pita place does it.

or hire a spotter to update numbers/tables but that sounds tedious. Rather hand out numbers and call them up when the order is ready so the guest can pick up the tray

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I used restaurant just as a generality. It's a brewery that also serves food. For ease of comparison, think a bar (we just brew everything on premise). You place your orders at the bar, and we bring your food to you. Definitely not a true "restaurant".

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I say call John Taffer and have an episode of Bar Rescue filmed at your place (I'm KIDDING!)

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

I was semi joking with you.. But if it’s a bar.. what’s wrong with a good yell “your food is READY” get a good character to yell numbers.... There is an English style pub near us. Huge wait for a table always. Big bar crowd. This Big Englishman yells that your table is ready... he is sorta the ambiance and runs the show. Kinda cool.

Could be something that makes your place special people will talk about!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021