Anyone familiar with restaurant table tracking

Discussion in 'General' started by Pittenger5, Mar 16, 2021.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Freakin genius...better service AND entertainment

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

A beer list would be nice????

3. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But then you need it to tie into the POS system or have your own app written and all of that means more cash out :D

On the other hand, it would be good for sure to check more into the current POS setup and see if it offers options like that.

5. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

You could put some sort of fixed “flag pole” on every table. The customer could attach their flag, in a clearly visible spot, where it would not tip over.

YoshiHNS likes this.
  6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Uhhhhh... no. The food would never arrive.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

all the people saying let the customer order electronically... so many allergies, and "custom orders" altering dishes, splitting plates. too many mistakes to be made by the orderer, and then the tipping comes down, complaints go up. Ski

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not everyone like e-orders...I don't care for it.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In this scenario there already is no tipping since they order everything at the counter. As for the rest it's easy - again in this scenario as it is NOT normal sit down dining - the electronic ordering has a set menu no changes, any special orders come to the counter.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love em, anything to deal with fewer humans is good. :D

The online ordering for a lot of places has gotten great really, they've adapted the POS stuff the servers use so you can type in any changes or the like per item and you're good to go.

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Until the people at the Texas table get Chile's order. I suspect that Dr Sheldon Cooper is not on the staff.

:D

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

https://fitzhughbrewing.com . The current beers are under the menu tab. We rotate beers pretty regularly. 2 or 3 will be mainstays and the other 5 or so our brewer has free reign to go wild with. He's big into different countries styles, and on older styles.

We're right on a brewery row, maybe 20-25 minutes from COTA

13. Pittenger5

And yes, I think the flag thing is the most cost effective easiest, but definitely not the best. But for now maybe.
    Though I'm going to pitch the shock collar idea, I would enjoy that one the best.

beac83 likes this.
  14. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

As long as the place doesn't have loud music/TV's going, then let customer place order, give them ticket, server calls out number when order is ready, customer raises hand, and server takes order to them. New BBQ place near me does that. Layout is main room with some tables and counter where orders are taken. Two side rooms with tables. Server comes out of kitchen into main room with food/drinks, yells the number, if no one in there raises a hand, then go to side rooms and do same thing. Been there twice and it seems to work.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well now that I know where it is, that would work great.

Next question is where's the closest RV park :D

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

So I have to get my fat ass off of the chair to get a beer every time?

17. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Find some single 17yo who knows raspberry pi programming. Have flags that have unique colors/shapes/lights that point up. Use a network of Pi's with cameras attached to the ceiling looking down where they can cover all of the tables. Program them to locate the flags. Relay that info to a map of tables. Pretty sure the software is already developed to do this kind of stuff. Just need to implement.
    That'll be tree-fiddy consulting fee.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They stop serving when you can no longer walk from your stool to the counter.

beac83 and Pittenger5 like this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

What, is your brewer a king or something? (I kid -- "rein"). Have him contact me about Pre-pro. Ehhh. Skip that. Costs too much time and no one would want it. Just another reason my consults always go sideway (people have poor taste). :confused:
    Definitely an interesting beer list. Kudos on the Tropical stout (although really no reason for it to be 9% abv). That is a somewhat lost style. Horner is totally new to me. Don't let those wild yeasts from Jester get in your fermenter!

20. Pittenger5

You're talking to the wrong guy about the beers. It is a foreign language to me. I'm a total bud light guy normally. Least this place is getting me to expand my horizons. The Horner is actually my favorite on tap now.
    In the past he's also done an Australian Ale, French Ale, Irish Red, Lithuanian Farmhouse, ESB, a few others.