Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

I've been waiting for those Seiko GMTs. I think they look great!

Do you think they'll be widely available at retailers (Kohl's, Macy's, ect.)? Or will one have to find them in more specialty stores/online?

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When we went to Europe around 2018 I was looking at those and I think they were about 6k then, does that sound about right. I really thought it looked good for a less expensive Rolex. I don't even wear a watch anymore, but that would be one I'm interested in, just wish they were less money. LOLOL

3. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

His pricing is spot on. It's also the same price for a new one if you could find one.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The movements in those Grand Seikos are pretty cool.

I briefly flirted with the idea of getting one but I just couldn’t do it (and finding a local AD at the time was impossible).

5. Boman Forklift

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't, I was just wondering if they had gone up that much? Actually i just now googled it and his price looks good compared to some I saw for sale. If I wasn't buying a car right now, I could see how I might talk myself into that. That is the color I like and blue too.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I've pre-purchased one online.
    I'm guessing you could get them from a variety of online locations, and probably a Seiko specific boutique.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

8. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

I have a 2018 or 19 with less than 20 miles on it, with brand new sumo setup.. just didn’t/don’t have the time for fun time…:(

9. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

white face is a def keeper…
    F09FF7C2-51DD-43D2-869C-7BF00B92AB76.jpeg

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to get one of the Omega Moon watches at or near MSRP?

There are a couple that I really like.

11. Boman Forklift

Funny you say that. I was thinking one of those could be my first decent watch that cost more than $100.

Although if I hadn’t bought that car, @PATBAROK Rolex looks pretty good to me.

PATBAROK likes this.
  12. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

So it happened... Got scammed on Chrono 24.
    I bought a Breitling Aerospace Evo from a private seller on C24 using the secure checkout where the money is put into escrow at C24 and only sent on to the seller once I approve the watch.
    Package showed up containing a dirty plate and half a bag of potato chips.
    Now I'm going back and forth with C24 on a refund and the seller started messaging me to file a claim with the postal service.
    The package shows no signs of being opened underway, so to me it looks like seller is a scammer and looking to have the postal service pay for his antics.
    When Google has nothing on the guy's name, I'm sure it doesn't exist, so I asked him for proof of identity - haven't heard back funny enough...
    C24 says that they don't take sides, so the money could sit in escrow forever...
    I did file a chargeback with my bank so they can fight it out.
    Just a major PITA, so if any of you consider C24 - be careful since they don't help in a situation like this

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn. That sucks. Instead of wire could you use CC to fund escrow so its easier to fight?

Hope you get your $$back.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

sorry to read that.

Not trying to blame you or any of that shit but was there any warning signs with the seller/ watch? Price was low or anything? Just doing my homework ‘cause I’m cruising C24 for one of my “5 + 1”
    Watches.

Let us know how you get this fixed ‘cause this is all new to me.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Gonna get that Ronald McDonald lcd watch circa 1984?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, unless that dickhead Mayer posts up that he discovered and bought 57 of them and now they are selling for a premium.
    Hate the Mayer! :D

17. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

I did use a CC to fund the escrow and this is why the bank is helping.

And no red flags. Price was reasonable and I communicated with the seller on the condition of the watch.
    Thinking back I should've asked for more pictures, but too late now.

It sucks because I really want the watch but not sure if I want to take a chance on C24 again and I'm not interested in paying full pop at a dealer

18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Man. That sucks. I’ve had good experiences with TRF. You are able to see that they are active and have had many transactions / feedback.

@ClemsonsR6 Are you talking about the Omega moon watch or the Swatch version? You should be able to buy an Omega (with a few exceptions) anywhere for at or below msrp. If you want a Swatch, you have to buy it at a Swatch boutique. They seem to have them randomly. The guys who have had success just keep stopping in.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait, isn't that kind of shit the entire reason for escrow?

NemesisR6 likes this.
  20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Like the one on my wrist? :D