1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another VP?

Discussion in 'General' started by slowohioboy, Jul 14, 2004.

1. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

Alright, I just didn't want to ask this on the other U4 post, although I probably could have. I just read the RRW race fuel comparison, I have never ran race fuel, so I am completely ignorant about it. a couple ?'s

1. If I decide to run U4(not E) how much of a mapping change will be needed to get a good improvement? If I don't have access to a good dyno in time to setup a map for it, will I still get a noticeable improvement?

2. How does running race fuel affect fuel mileage? Will I get about the same amout of laps on the same amount of fuel?

3. RRW claimed a 9hp gain on a 04 750, on a 04 gsxr 600, any clue about hp gains?(I'm a cheap bastard, and need reassured that I can justify the extra $$$ )

4. Will guys follow me around the race track just so that they can smell that great U4 smell like I have done before??

I have a "stock" 04 GSXR 600. M4 pipe, PCIIIusb, 520 conv. Everything else is stock, I Promise(Even though it was questioned in an earlier post ). Oh yea question four was a joke but I have to admitt that I have done that before, if on ly for a lap or two, alright maybee four:D

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

There has been a gazillion threads on this. Best thing to do is a search. This has been debated over and again.
    I have not seen the test. But I was told U4 made more hp than MR9. I can't see that happening. I sell a shitload of MR9 to some of the top riders in the series.They switched from U4 to MR9.
    If you do not spend a full day on the dyno, with someone who knows what they are doing, you are wasting you $$$ on race fuel.

3. Cindy Ivey

Cindy Ivey Team Manager

1-different bikes require different mapping changes but you should see an improvement without any changes

2-VP helps fuel mileage

3-I did have the results of the tests prior to being published in RRW but I have not heard from anyone else on any other bike

For more in depth details, read earlier posts.

Cindy

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So Cindy, what are your thoughts on the dyno results? I have not seen them.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Hows this for dyno results on my AM season bike. A 2000 Honda 600 F4.. We id a Jetting change, 4deg advance and U4 fuel. My bike was a new bike after this. was running pump gas and had a full 2-brothers system with stock timing. BAD mid range dip as you can see. Chad at Kinetic got that flattend out and the U4 gave us about 6hp, with a nice rise at the end that did not drop off.
    [​IMG]

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

If the top riders you speak of run any AMA races then they can't use U4. I would assume that they seet their bikes up for MR9 because thy can run it in any series.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Nice curve! I can't see U4 making more than MR9 though.
    I know the way U4 makes power, but never jetted or mapped for MR9.

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You are correct sir:)

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I would agree. My teammate runs MR1 normally, and the MR9 at the "big" races where we need a little more HP. The U4 is just super oxegenated and as noted in some posts, not AMA legal. I have my 2003R6 dynod for MR1.. but it runs GREAT on the U4 as well. It dynod at 109hp but have yet to do a run on MR9.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

But they mostly run WERA or CCS, so they would want the fuel that makes the best power.You can always put different maps in, as you know.

11. Cindy Ivey

Cindy Ivey Team Manager

I need to note that I did not have the actual test results prior to the magazine being published. I was told of the results this weekend which I thought was prior to publication. The magazine was printed and sent to Laguna Sega this weekend. I was unaware that this is how VP found out about the dyno results.

Cindy

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004