1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another shooting.... When will people start carrying

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cajun636, Dec 2, 2015.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

2. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Although I've never been to CA, from my understanding, it's a lot tougher to get a carry permit there vs. many other states.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3 suspects, and they reportedly fled the scene? Hmmm...

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I lived there for a while and yes. It is. But still. Shit like this can be prevented. I'm not even a super pro gun guy. I think it's good when people carry. Shit like this could be prevented.

5. glenngsxr

glenngsxr Well-Known Member

Most people don't want to carry. I own many guns and I am not interested in carrying any of them everywhere I go.

6. glenngsxr

I don't think most criminals are weighing the possibility of someone carrying before they decide to do stuff like this. They just go do it. The consequences are an afterthought.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Any bets on how long it will take Obama to launch into his "this has got to stop" speech?
    Society has jumped the rails it seems.

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

too many people spending time bored on the internet reading terrible shit and poisoning their minds. I swear reading all the crap on social media is making me dumber.

JeffBarnard likes this.
  9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I definitely agree that the overall damage of events like this can be minimized, if CCW or open carry were in the vicinity.

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Hillary was already on it on twitter almost immediately. Obama just got done threatening executive action yesterday.

They seem to be missing that this couldn't have happened in California, they have gun control!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  11. glenngsxr

Why shouldn't he? The sad thing is that if he does nothing, you guys will jump all over his shit for not acknowledging it. It's a no win situation for him. I mean, I am a supporter of the second amendment, but damn at least be fair about it guys.

Do you think Bush would just be sitting here ignoring these? Not a chance.

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Time to buy a couple cases of ammunition before it goes up tomorrow.

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

One of the first things I looked up. Because we know what's coming ...

All the initial reports I've read were that it was automatic gunfire. I've also read three different stories so far, so who knows. But I'm willing to guess these murderers weren't too concerned with gun laws. Because they're murderers.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No, but it would take someone like me, or possibly you, to have a gun and run towards the shooting. Once these pussys are getting shot at I am sure their behavior changes. Nothing but gutless pussys

Minimized is the correct term here you are correct.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

They always say it was an "automatic" weapon. Then just kind of gloss over it later on when it turns out it wasn't. I think there has only been one other time where a fully auto weapon was used in a crime in the US since the North Hollywood shootout. I would have to search, but I recall it was a police officer who took a weapon from an evidence supply and shot his wife.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

California gun laws are incredibly strict. How much you wanna bet the building also banned all weapons?

17. caferace

caferace No.

I've read that the target was a Xmas party for police officers and family. Not verified.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

A safe zone. Imagine that.

19. caferace

caferace No.

correction: Health Department folks.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You mean, my English still has hope. ;-)