Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Buy the CT4-V Blackwing, stop comparing to the CT5-V

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

manual elitists.....most dual clutches are faster. drive your slow cars and "enjoy" seeing my taillights :D

DucatiBomber, Jed and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Hey just like that video someone posted of the blackwing, which they liked much better versus the faster automatic BMW M5 Completion or the rocket ship Tesla plaid, it’s the driving experience baby!!

Or the old saying it is more fun to go fast with a slow bike/car versus going slow in a fast one.

Now a days the manual is for driving pleasure. It won’t be the fastest, but should give you more enjoyment and pleasure.

If racing DCT all the way!!!!!

Gino230, KneeDragger_c69 and BigBird like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm just salty since my back, hip, and knee don't like rowing gears any longer. But the DSG does work well on track, so at least there's some positive.

8. Boman Forklift

Hey if you have body issues, at least we now have fantastic dual clutch options. 20 years ago you would have had to deal with a slush box.

I still remember my first drive in a VW R32 in 04/05 that I almost bought with DCT. Surprisingly they had it on the lot and I could have bought it new for under sticker.

Bought a used Mini Cooper with a stick instead, that was supposedly putting out a bit over 200HP. At the time it barely pulled a John Cooper Works one so I think the HP was real?

If I were rich I really think I would pay up and get a Porsche GT4RS and it’s not even available with a stick. The specs on that bad boy, really turn me on.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Porsche anything GT and especially GTxRS are a total eggplant inducer

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The used M5 looks like a damn fun car. Supposedly close to 200mph (just like a 15 year old gixxer 600) with the limiter disabled and proper tires.

Of course there are the maintenance and repair questions on a high strung BMW engine...

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Here you go. Performance and passenger capacity. Now STFU and stop pulling a Doyle.

[​IMG]

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So, then you would have to sit to pee if you got the GT4RS is what you're telling me. So all your blabber about a car is not a car without a stick was just pot stirring. lol

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I found you the perfect "sports" car.
    Light. - ~850lbs empty
    Sporty.
    Manual. 4 speed
    Low maintenance. top of the line engine rebuilds are <$5k
    Single seat so no wife or kids asking to ride along.
    Enjoy.

[​IMG]

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Assuming that is a FVee... oh boy, I started in one of those. What a POS!

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yep. FV.

Im looking at a vintage one in a couple weeks. Lots of vintage FV races around here. low cost track fun and less chance of hurting myself than on a clapped out SV.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

The manual Blackwing was actually faster around Big Willow than the M5 by the way.

Boman Forklift and gixer1100 like this.
  17. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yep, it was...bad ass luxury

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Using a shifter to stir the pot...way more satisfying than having some automated process for doing so.
    :D

19. Boman Forklift

I know, I watched that great video. The Tesla kicked both of them which surprised me. I knew the Tesla was faster in a straight line, but figured the handling performance would have hurt it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  20. Boman Forklift

Nope that is the only way it comes, because they say it is expected to be a track car. However the stuff you are looking at comes with a stand up version other than the C8. Don't you remember me saying if you got the C8 it was great, since that is the only way they offer it?

It doesn't matter because the GT4RS car stickers for 150-200K and I've hearing dealers are asking $100-250k over. I don't know if that is true because it is way out of my league.