1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I bet that blackwing holds value better, if that matters to you?

BigBird likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

3. assjuice cyrus

Why do you think that?

4. Boman Forklift

4 door sedans with high performance, when they get older become valuable. I had an E39 M5, now Tyler’s with a manual and those are worth somewhere between 25 and over 100k depending on miles/condition etc. Mine has a blower which hurts value but only 43k miles for a 2000 year car, which helps a lot.

I don’t know the Cadillac CTSV models, but I know the proper ones are very desirable and worth a bunch. Unfortunately for you the ones that really shoot you are manuals, if that is offered.

Usually it is much easier to find a Z06 versus a good fast sedan or wagon that handles.

Having said all that, I know nothing about the Cadillacs, so others on here could give more detailed info.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, but it sounds like that. And even with an aftermarket exhaust, it still sounds like that, but louder. Every time I'm near one in traffic, I wonder why anyone would want a car to sound like that. It's so ... tinny? I don't know the right word. Some people think two strokes sound good, too, so who am I to say?

And at least the Vette doesn't sound like that and doesn't look like every other fakie retro muscle car. But you aren't stuffing a whole lot of people or stuff into one of those.

Just put a blower on a family truckster, cut the sleeves off all your shirts, and call it good.

6. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Shelby GT350 sounds much different than a Mustang GT

The flat plane crank sounds awesome

BigBird and ClemsonsR6 like this.
  7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

they anticipate that the blackwing will likely sell for MORE money used in a few years...it is a MANUAL 4 door with a lot of HP and great handling...its a dying concept...and its the last one they are making. it WILL hold value.

BigBird and R1Racer99 like this.
  8. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

look up the current value of a ctsv wagon...then you will know the possibility of a caddy holding good value!

9. Boman Forklift

That is what I was saying, it will hold value if that is important to him. I just don’t follow those so I don’t know how much they were new or how much they have risen during Covid?

i did google it and the first one up around me was $54k with 80k miles.
    https://www.socalchevy.com/inventor...41QAdXWRfgA3mdWJV7k0e7SYiwoa9eqMaAqnkEALw_wcB

10. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

For an automatic?? That was a cool car but who the hell is paying that much?

11. Boman Forklift

Chicks like @assjuice cyrus need the automatic. :D

SuddenBraking and R1Racer99 like this.
  12. assjuice cyrus

13. Boman Forklift

Ive never driven one but like the way they look. I know a member on here had one, different color and liked it, but sold it to buy a Porsche GT4.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

If you're going GT350, under 17, make sure it has the Track Pack option.

Extra oil cooling to avoid oil burn.

BigBird and assjuice cyrus like this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

It's a Mustang. Meh.

16. assjuice cyrus

Didn't know that was a thing. but looks like this one has it. I'll have to look into them some more as it really wasn't high on the list, but the more that pop up the more I'm liking the looks of it.

So I don't even know what options you can get with a gt350. While the its not 650hp it at least has over 500

17. Boman Forklift

Sorry but a lot of people feel the same way about Vettes. I always have, but the C7 and C8 I like the look and performance of, but at those prices I like other cars more.

Like for C8 money…what they actually sell for not MSRP, I would rather have a GT4. For C7 Z06 money I currently would rather have a Lotus Exige.

In actuality this is all based on what I’ve read and like visually. I’ve never driven a C7, C8, or a GT4. I did get a very short drive in an Exige about 2 miles and no curvy roads.

With the top on, the Exige is hard enough to get in and out of, it kinda kills the idea I could get Mama to enjoy it on date night. She did like going out in the Viper on date night, and would drive it herself sometimes. She was actually the one that wanted to test drive that car, I initially wanted another 911 turbo. Then I reluctantly took a test drive in the Viper and that torque back in 98 was pretty incredible.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I looked them up on YouTube and to my untrained ear and through a phone speaker, they have the same note? Same thing (but different) with all the Nissan and Infiniti 6 cylinders. There's just something unpleasant to me about those sounds.

19. ClemsonsR6

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

if you watch this...and DONT want a blackwing...i would be surprised!! all this and it will hold value! its a homerun

Boman Forklift and BigBird like this.