1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

as a fellow camaro owner, welcome to the fold!

wera313 likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Quit vacillating and buy the fucking Vette! :D

ClemsonsR6 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Tell me how you really feel.:timeforabeer:

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You sound like Broome.

5. assjuice cyrus

Ok, I gotta ask. How's that? :D

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

what he said. I don't care if it's twice as fast, the Camaro is hideous compared to a Vette. It's like buying a Charger instead of a Challenger just to be "different"

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Stuff that just today became consciously apparent to me...
    - Normal driving has me shifting our 'Vette around 2250 rpm for the first few gears. A wee bit more throttle gets it moving quite briskly, but I'm still not up to 3K rpm where the engine really starts to come up on the cam.
    - Needing/wanting to pass two-way traffic from a lowly 1100 rpm/5th or 6th gear cruise to a 3rd gear howl really only brings it up to ~4250 rpm by the time the pass is made.
    - Nothing hellacious happens until 5K rpm, and then you have another 1500 rpm to go.

From past experience recall, 1st through 3rd acceleration, going beyond 5K rpm for each gear, had me thinking "Holy shit! I hope this thing has brakes." I see no need to push redline...there's too little time.
    430hp is plenty for street duty in a 3000lb car. IMHO, anything more is just a waste if you're not gonna track it.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

400hp/450 ft lbs and 3000 lbs is the perfect street car. I'm not sure why you'd want much more than that to daily drive. Move those numbers by 100 each for a 5000 lbs pickup.

fastfreddie likes this.
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I think you know. “I’m getting x. Oh wait shiny object, now I’m getting y. Squirrel, ok now I’m getting z. :D

10. assjuice cyrus

:crackup::crackup:

You couldn't be more right!

11. assjuice cyrus

Next hurdle is, 14 years ago when we moved into our house. I told momma no parking in the garage. I wasn't going to have the road salt and eat the cement and ruin the floor. I'll just make sure you have remote start.

So Iam just talking about what I'm finding out about the vettes and all excited. Wife looks at me and smiles,"where you gonna park the thing at" I'm all like in the garage.
    Fuck it is, I believe was the words I heard her say..:crackup:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  12. sdg

sdg *

But it is obviously not going to see any salt, right? Problem solved...

Rebel635, Phl218 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

Well the problem is I didn't let momma park in the garage anytime. Rain or shine so she's saying fair is fair. In no way am I getting to park in the garage. :crackup:

14. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Epoxy coat garage floor and problem solved for both of you.

tony 340 likes this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Guess who's car lives in the drive at this house? :D

16. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Poly aspartic the floor, and make sure you buy a stick so nobody else drives it

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

That is the opposite of how I drive it, it’s got 7k to use so I use it, same with bikes. Lugging around isn’t fun to me even if they have plenty of torque. I barely know it has that 1st to 4th thing because I always shift higher.

Also 500 is more than enough on city streets, but definitely usable on the highway.

gixer1100 and DucatiBomber like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like you get a stick shift car, and you get to build another stall for you, and she can park in the current garage stall. Or park the Vette at your diesel repair place, until your new garage is built.

On another note, growing up in Illinois, my parents always parked in the garage. There is no salt damage that I have ever noticed on the floor and they moved into that house in 1979. I think it was built around 70.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ours is used as an occasional daily driver/touring car...all season tires. It's interesting for the first 15 minutes of driving and real interesting when it's below 40º. I can drift at slightly brisk rates of throttle and no one hears a thing over the Borlas which have yet to make their symphonic presence acutely known.
    To put it in another perspective - I don't have to flaunt it, but I know I could. Tires and fuel are pricey at single-digit mpg...90,ooo miles of that and it would have gotten old years ago.

I rarely see the "skip shift" BS either, but it's always annoying when I do cuz there's no getting out of it in a 25mph zone w/o speeding or stopping. Finally sucked it up and bought an eliminator for it just the other day. It will probably be the best $12 I ever spent.

Motofun352 and R1Racer99 like this.
  20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Did you buy the fuse thing or the dangle that goes on the transmission? I bought the fuse for my C6 and I have trouble figuring out if it's working....I guess I have to slow down a bit.....:eek: