1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Hell sounds like I should have put the Jag on there.

Do people sell motorcycles on there?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you don't like dealing with people, that's definitely the wrong place to sell.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Ah, then fuck that.

BigBird likes this.
  4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

He can always get one of the many dealers that has overrun it to do it for him.

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

How is this good for buyers? Sounds like a great way for the seller and BAT to squeeze the max price out.

7. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

So, how do you like driving around in your big black peter?

8. It’s the best thing in the world. :D

But it’s already got 400 miles on it. About time to start shopping for a replacement.

Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well in the old days of eBay people would get sniping software and win over a person putting in regular bids.

It is good for the seller sure, but gives the buyer a moment to decide if they want to go higher or not. If they really want it they have 2 minutes to make up their mind.

10. The TGT is good for job security. :crackup:

DCD1749D-5F75-4661-B379-A940726EF94E.png

But to be fair, I have only been driving in the city, and in Sport mode all the time (and racing everyone everywhere). I’m sure it would get better mileage if I made an effort to.

11. Ok this looks better. When I click on the data for all the trips, and then sort them by fuel mileage, there is one where I got 19mpg. That is one where I went to Kingsport and back which took me on the interstate for half the time.

F1CA1AAD-DCAA-4346-9AF4-7C2FD77717D3.png

12. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Dude your average speed sucks!

13. Yeah no shit. I’ve just been going the few miles (city) to the gym and back.

14. You made me curious so I had to go look. This is the best so far because I spent some time on the interstate. Averaging 58mph for the trip is pretty good when you factor the red lights and shit I had to go through to get to the interstate.

3617F9BF-4D04-479C-A33B-3FF018F36504.png

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Stupid me...I have to do that math in my head.

16. It’s pretty cool. The Porsche app tracks all the trips starting from the day I picked it up (I tried to check other “trips” from when the car came to life, but for some reason they don’t show; it starts from the trip leaving the dealer).

Then I can sort them by trip time, mpg, average mph, or total distance.

I could always use the Trip Computer in the car. But I usually forget about it till I’m already underway. The app does it automatically every time the car starts so I can go look later.

One day I’ll leave it in normal (not put it in Sport) mode and use the Auto Stop/Start to see what’s the best mileage it can get.

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Don't they make video games for people with this type of nerd affliction? I think it's called Hyper-Miler or some other green shit name.
    One thing's for sure, it's one form of competition you ain't ever gonna win. :crackup:

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You'll have to best the 'Vette...average 33mpg without breakin' a sweat at 70mph, uphill/downhill, on cruise control for a hundred miles.
    Bring it! :D

19. Damnit now I’m gonna have to try it. :D

We will go to Asheville shopping next week. A longer trip (1.5hrs) will give me a better idea of the actual gas mileage.

I think I’ll drive there the best way (“best” meaning most fuel efficient), and then drive back the way I want. Then I’ll see how much of a difference it actually makes.

But you know how guns tend to shoot better after getting some rounds through them and loosening up some, don’t engines do the same?

Don’t they do better after broken in?