AMAfan At Infineon

Discussion in 'General' started by Schitzo42, May 18, 2009.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

what does chaz say about the aprilia? i know he's riding it well, just curious how his transition has been.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You do realize that beating them on tracks where that big engine doesn't really help them just backs up what people have been saying, right? :D

3. Aprilla winning doesn't fit into any conspiracy theory, though. What drove the Buell controversy was the claims that DMG wanted Buell to win and slanted the rules in order to draw in the HD crowd/money. I don't see the same reaction from a KWS win. But then again, maybe I am underestimating the tinfoil hat wearing crowd....

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

not an "if", chip. It's a when.

5. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

How about the fact that Aprilia have won the championship in each and every year (2) of Moto-ST? Maybe they purposely handicapped the Aprilia's because of that?:D

6. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Quit throwing all your accomplishments in our face! :D :up:

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And with that endorsement, we can now be sure it's not going to happen this year. :D

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

And if we didn't win, the same people would continue saying the same thing. If they win, they'll say that it's proof that it's unfair. If we win, they'll say that it's proof that it's unfair. Some people are not going to ever be happy.

Yet the racing has been very good, very tight, very competitive, very entertaining.

9. John29

Yes, based on their Daytona 8-hour domination against all comers, including SV1000S streetbikes!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I did destroy Hopper's career. :D

11. Chip

Chip Registered

Its the biggest and heaviest bike he has ever ridden, but he has adapted well to it....We have worked hard to make it competitive and make him comfortable on it. It says a lot about how good that chassis is. It was never meant to be a race bike, but with a little love, it sure is acting like one.

We shall see.....

We shall see.....

12. Sacko DougK

yeah, your team did pretty good at Daytona, but Aprilia still won both championships. Besides, I truely do not believe that there was an attempt to limit the Aprilia's in any more then any other bike to keep the bikes competitive against eachother.

13. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

I liked you better when you were the Grinch...now you've gone and become all Cindy Lou Who on me.

Honestly, I want to beat your ass in the worst possible way...because I respect the product that you roll onto the race track and I respect how your riders have been riding it. DiSalvo had all the sheer speed in the world at Sears and while Cardenas seems be on 'Siesta' in practice and qualifying, come race time he becomes Charles Manson with knee sliders.

We have'nt beaten you, and until we do I will not and can not talk any shit about the possibility of said, presumed ass whooping. But I will say this, I promised my rider that my personal effort and intensity will not waiver. I hope that in the near future it will gestate to the point of a successfull race result. If, and when this happens I sincerely hope it pisses you off. From that angst, I hope that you will respect what we achieved. Talk is cheap, congratulations on your success. :up:

Rocky Stargel

14. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Road America should let the Buell stretch it's legs........we'll see if the theory holds up then.

15. John29

:D

I hope to be the first to congratulate you when your guy wins, thus ruining your day yet again!

16. caferace

caferace No.

Ya gots ta rub it rite. :D

[​IMG]

-jim

17. Sacko DougK

If I'm not mistaken, Corser said that the Aprilia was the best Superbike he's ever ridden a few years after he left the team.

18. TwoCycler

And just how many pieces does that bike have in common with ours? I will give you a hint...the answer is a whole integer less than one, but not a negative number.

Hey Jim, can you please get me the Aprilia part number for the umbrella girl in the picture? We are going to burn right through Chip's budget!!!!! :)

Rocky Stargel

19. caferace

caferace No.

She's probably a MILF by now, Rocky. But I'll work on it. :D

-jim

20. TwoCycler

He says it will outcorner his RSV250, will flick better than his R6, is better on the brakes than his ZX6, AND will out accelerate the Ducati GP7. On the other hand, he says his crew is better suited to quoting lines from South Park than being much help at the track!

Chaz is probably the most free-spirited and flexible rider I have ever worked with...:p...but he knows I love him.

Rocky Stargel