1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA - Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ronhix

ronhix Well-Known Member

Doug was pretty cool on Sunday. I was gridded right beside him for the Superbike race and when I looked over, I noticed the 4 Time World Champion had exact same helmet that I was wearing. So I got off my bike and walked over to him and said, "Hey Doug, I'm a huge fan ... of your choice in helmets!" We both laughed, Doug's a fun guy. :)

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Zemke vs. Cardenas.

Can Cardenas do no wrong? I mean how sideways can you get a 600 and NOT lose your drive? That thing was faaaasttt!

Damn. Kudos to both. :beer:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  3. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

awesome last lap i must say

4. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Here comes Yates, I wonder what is going to happen?

Not that Josh needs anything else to make him an awesome dude, but his actions after the Canada corner crash with Laverty makes him one of the best. Good on ya Josh!!:up:

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Josh is cool people. Wish that temporary lapse of judgment hadn't happened though.

Pegram reminds me of Doug Chandler a bit, dead smooth. That Duc makes Mladin's GSX-R1K look like a 750 down the straights though.

6. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Looked like Josh got sucked into that corner. It happens. I haven't raced RA since that chicane was added. But it was fast as hell through there.

Oh, and for all the Blake fans, it was his fault. :p

7. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Watching on speed mladin looked like slop! :)
    It was nice to see him have to "try"...

8. LiveHardOne

LiveHardOne Well-Known Member

What about using Shawn Conrad to help you set up the bike only to turn around and dump him come race time :down:

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Agree, by the time the situation became a problem both riders were far too deep into the corner to do anything about it.

It's easy to criticize. I'm not the one riding a 200BHP fire breathing monster. :D

10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Two of the best American races in years! Pegram was flawless and Yates is a thug...........

11. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

After listening to the post race interviews Im pretty confident Yates is a Major Jackass.

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I think Yates's pass was hard but clean. It's possible he felt no contact if Young's brake lever was the only thing that made contact. In the post race interview he clearly implied that he didn't know Young was down until he came back around during the cooldown lap and saw the fresh scratches. The video supports his story, as there is no indication that his bike bounced or reacted in any way to the alleged contact.

Blake left the door open and Yates slipped through. Definitely a hard move though.

13. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

There really is no "door" at that spot....Its an automatic stuff :)

14. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

Good job Yates!!!

15. crossroader

crossroader road racing junkie

Hmmm, to me it looked like Yates made the good stuff move and Young expected to stay tight to Yates. But, old age and treachery told Yates to juuussst swing it sliiightly wider to cement the pass and block Young's drive and he just wasn't expecting it.

16. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

Great racing! All hell broke loose though in the endurance race on a damp track.I didnt like seeing Jimmie Filice get flicked off and not moving.Good to see the GSXR master Doug Polen out there.Best off all was Mladin getting beat,way to go Larry!!!!!:)

17. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

That was some great racing action!! The last lap was insane. I think they were more sideways than straight!!