1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA/MOTOAMERICA Entry Level Class, KTM Cup

Discussion in 'General' started by SCHMITTY91, Nov 13, 2014.

1. caferace

caferace No.

TZ-250 based frame, and enough to do a warm-up and a 20 lap race. 330 lbs. or so. Figure around a two-hour recharge cycle.

Serious bike.

Cost? We were just speculating. But with minimal battery needed, totally within the realm of possibility.

-jim

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And the best part is the total lack of noise. You could be able to talk to your favorite rider as he passes by you.

3. caferace

caferace No.

Surprisingly enough, they're not that quiet. Drivetrain noise as well as wind is huge.

I had a db meter on them at Laguna a few years back. Steve Rapp on the Misssion Motors bike clocked in at 89db. Not ear crushing, but certainly not silent.

[​IMG]

-jim

4. backcountryme

Wrong thread hippy.:Poke:

5. caferace

caferace No.

For reference though. Indy MotoGP in 2013 was registering 135 db or so. That was LOUD.

-jim

6. caferace

caferace No.

Oh look, it's our neighbor from the arctic. :crackup:

-jim

7. backcountryme

Too much snow on the ground to ride gives me plenty of time to be here on the beeb.

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

"About 1989." Maybe it was 1988. I need to look it up.

9. backcountryme

How dare you not remember every detail from 25 years ago.;)

10. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

It's been kind of a high-speed blur!

11. backcountryme

One that many of us are thankful that you have had.

12. I can guarantee I give less shits about electric bikes/vehicles than anybody on this board. I am the anti-e-shit. But what he is saying is correct. There is a difference between force and work.

13. I think it is because there are lots of guys who would love to race the smaller bikes in a highly competitive environment against the best riders in the Nation, and/or guys who would love to race in "the show" without spending an assload of money. Not to mention the potential for the age cap to limit grid sizes.

I completely understand where you are coming from also.

I have no desire to race a 390 in the Moto series. I am just saying I get their reasoning for disliking the age cap. But I also get your reasoning for wanting one also. :beer:

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

How much of that was wind noise?

15. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Not as much as the shouting: "aww come on! Why the fuck am I slowing down already? It's only been three laps!"

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

330 lbs is not "lightweight". If you compare it to the tz250 which you would be copying you are down 30-50hp and about 100lbs overweight.

17. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

:)

I get it. There will be plenty of time to race the kids..... in WERA and CCS. Let the kids have their own class. People would raise hell if we let the kids race in Senior Superbike....

Btw, has anyone mentioned a qualifying cutoff? I hope 60 kids show up but there should be a cap on times, maybe 113%....

18. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but anyone have info on the other classes, and especially Superstock 1000? I sent an email in like the website said, but haven't recieved any reply. I know there's a lot going on, but people need to be able to start planning now.

19. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

20. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Thx, I'll send an email shortly.