Am I reading this right?

Discussion in 'General' started by shogun, Jun 11, 2008.

1. shogun

shogun Well-Known Member

2. ExtraJ

ExtraJ Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Hayden and Mladin move to WSBK. Do you think Alstare would be interested in Mladin? In a recent interview, the Alstare boss said the only American rider he was interested in was Spied (obviously Mladin isn't American, but he's an American racer now..)

3. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

It would be interesting to see Hayden move to WSBK on a DUc, hopefully he will put FHYPLCB (Fuck Honda You P-midget Loving Cheap Bastards) at the bottom of his leathers. Win a world title and get screwed over like that...dam shame.

Mladin, Speis and Hayden in WSBK...I don't know if I would ever bother with another AMA race again.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nicky will be on a Duc in Motogp if anywhere. And yes F Honda!

5. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

If I was Colin, I'd rather ride the Yamaha for free then get paid to ride the Kawasaki. Death on a stick bike, plus switching to Bridgestone... Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me...

Nicky on the WSBK Duck? I'd rather see him in Melandri's seat. I'd love nothing more then to see some good Americans in WSBK, but I'd MUCH rather see Nick win another MotoGP championship on any other bike then a Honda. And if you ask me, the Desmo is basically made for a rider like Nick.

6. shogun

shogun Well-Known Member

...the article is referring to the fact he's being considered to be Stoner's team-mate, not for WSB. If I was reading it right, Edwards has not been in discussions with Ducati because the factory seat(s) is taken, and he will not take Bayliss' place on the WSB next year.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nicky would NOT be switching to WSK, it'd be on the Marlboro Ducati (who tried to land him the year he won the championship).

Forget WSK in this discussion, it's a non factor for Edwards and Hayden.

8. carpediem

carpediem Well-Known Member

I don't think matt will go to WSBK.... i feel like he'd retire before he'd make that move. Ben will be in GP or WSBK next year and i would love to see Nicky on a bike that's a little more suited for his style, be that in GP or in WSBK. Colin on the green bike would be great and Ant West back in WSS.

I think Nicky's GP days are shortly numbered, the bikes are just moving in a different direction.

9. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

mladinary is done and wouldnt bother with WSBK .Spies will retire him.

not part of the facts of the article but

Hayden on the wsbk duc would be wicked and i think hed kick ass
    edwards on a kawi ,yami,duc,wsbk,honda,WSS,WMRC ..feel free to add any others,it wont matter ,hes a character but no longer about to win any championship.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wow, Hodgson, Spies and racers who matter would be surprised to know Mladin is finished. I'm sure they'll be relieved.

11. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Are you mentally ill, or just heavily intoxicated right now?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wishful drinking.

13. MrWheeler

Probably so, the insanity would only account for the ideas, but not the punctuation.

:D

14. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Really? You think that the guy who couldn't come to terms with the lack of feel from the 2007 Honda's TC, would be happy on a bike that reportedly requires that the rider just pin it and trust Magnetti Marelli.

Doubt it. If he's half smart he'll get on over to Yamaha and take whatever they can afford to pay him.

15. b-sav

b-sav Well-Known Member

I would love to see Nicky on the Duc, either Moto Gp or WSBK. The Desmo would suit his style, even though its an 800 it is still the most simular to the 990's of all the other bikes. And Nicky in WSBK on a V-twin again, that would be pretty sick also! :up:

16. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

enlighten me of the championship edwards will win

and please show me what mladinary will do next other than continue to cherry pick in the AMA even when spies is gone.
    when i said hes finished im saying hes not going anywhere better .

and if you dont think hayden would kick ass in WSBk then your the drunk one .

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  17. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

I agree, I don't think Edwards has another championship in him, he might surprise if he went back to WSBK, but I don't see it.

Hayden Kicking hondas ass in 09 would kick ass

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

So you guys don't actually hate Nicky Hayden? You just hate Honda?

And here I thought you all thought Hayden sucked, and that he lucked into his MotoGP Championship.

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Honda, been a Hayden fan since 1993

20. MrWheeler

The cherry picker remarks about Mladin continue to be stupid.

1 Valentino ROSSI 142
    2 Dani PEDROSA 135
    3 Jorge LORENZO 94
    4 Casey STONER 92
    5 Colin EDWARDS 69
    6 Andrea DOVIZIOSO 57
    7 James TOSELAND 53
    8 Loris CAPIROSSI 51
    9 Nicky HAYDEN 48
    10 Shinya NAKANO 42
    11 Chris VERMEULEN 40
    12 John HOPKINS 32