1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All of you people on here but me suck!

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Aug 12, 2011.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

That's because I'm going diving all weekend off Hatteras Island and the seas have finally given our dive group a decent weekend of weather. 2-3 foot seas predicted all weekend which is basically flat out there.

Diving on a German U-boat on Saturday, the U-701. Then on Sunday, diving on the Tarpon, an American submarine. The Tarpon BTW is near the Proteus and both wrecks are known as a shark-mating ground. There will be dozens and dozens of sand tigers there! Like one of my dive buddies said when someone told him Shark Week was over, "Shark Week aint over 'til WE say it's over!" :D

Plus, I'll leave late tonight for an all night drive and will time it to stop off on a wayside between Avon and Hatteras to watch the early Saturday morning peak of the giant meteor shower that's hitting the East Coast this weekend.

Staying in the top hotel on the Outer Banks Saturday night. The Burrus Motor Court right near the docks. $41 a night with tax. (Hint: I bring my own sheets and pillow) :wow:

Oh, not to mention, working inland for the past two years, I will devour a pile of fresh seafood at the best restaurant that even Mongo would be proud to consume. On Sunday, the first mate will do like he usually does, pick out the best grouper he can find on the wreck, spear it, clean it topside and marinate it in a container until we get back to shore where he will promptly put it on the grill.

So, like I said, "You people suck!" :D:Poke::beer:

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I hate you...

I tried to do that U-boat dive once out of Morehead City.. It was beautiful the entire day, a little windy, but nice... When I got there they told me swells and visibility were bad and we couldn't go... Now, I live too far away...

I'm jealous...

3. sptbk57

sptbk57 Well-Known Member

U Da Man!!.......:bow:

4. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Some guy got bit yesterday off Morehead City. Family fishing trip and he decides to go swimming 13 miles out.

5. Lawn Dart

That's not smart...

The report I just read said that he basically jumped off the boat and the shark was right there... The guy said he landed on the shark. LOL

6. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

That's cool but I'll be mowing my lawn and getting my tires changed on my bike!!! beat that suckerrrr

I hate you lol

7. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Thankfully, sharks don't bother divers. Besides, I'll be a long ways from Morehead City, around Cape Lookout up to the northern coast off Hatteras and Ocracoke out to the eastern open seas. No idiot fishermen swimming out there along the boat.

Hey Lawn Dart, that U-boat was probably the U-352, like a dozen miles off Morehead City. Sorry your dive was blown out. That's happened to me a coupla times this year. I guess that's why I'm extra excited! Oh, I've been on the U-352 eight times. Hate me even more! :D (Dude, hope you make it out there someday.) :beer:

8. Lawn Dart

Oh geez... I really hate you...

I dunno why I thought Hatteras and Morehead City were closer... Looking at a map - its further than I thought.

9. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Oh, okay... diving... I read that as driving. Was wondering where you got to go out and drive old German and American subs...:p:D

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Go say hi to Bubby at teeters for me, and hit jimmy's buffet for some shrimp at happy hour. I'm ready to go back.

BTW, you're a dirtbag.

11. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  12. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

:crackup: Hey Stick great seeing you and your son at VIR! :up:

13. Lawn Dart

I need to go diving again... My last dive was ummm.... 5-6 years ago maybe? in... Aruba?

14. stickboy274

That link did not help my outlook on you.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sharks never bothered me, it was the god damned Cuda's that pissed me off. Buddy and I were spearing fish all day at Sombrero Reef in Marathon. He snags a yellowtail and is heading up to the boat when a Cuda comes along in one quick bite and eats half the fish off his spear while he's holding it.

I hate those fuggin bastards!

Have fun man, sounds like a great dive

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yea, but you swallow...

I might be jealous If I didn't have my toe's in sand with a drink in hand every day. Last week it was topless german models who were in with the dragon boat races. This week who knows?

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

dammit that's 3 times we've missed each other at VIR

18. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I hate you! :D

Hey rd400racer. Barracuda are sometimes a pain. They'll come up off the wreck when you're doing decompression stops and constantly swim around you like, "Hey, why didn't you spear us any fish?" They are fun to watch swim though. They look like sleek and silver Maseritas to me. :cool:

19. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I was only there Saturday. I'm usually bothering Stick. Or Buckwild, if he's there. :D

20. stickboy274

Coincidental, I think not.