Aim Center Mass...

Discussion in 'General' started by mfbRSV, Dec 5, 2014.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

The more you practice the luckier you get.

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

First the "Murica" thread, now this? :confused:

You idjits are giving Mongo a chub at all the pre-holiday bannings he'll be handing out.

Be smart. Give him pie instead. :rolleyes:

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Or a Chili Frito Pizza.

5. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Your attention to detail is really going to come in handy for your new job :D

6. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

Anyone else an 8541 or went to PMI course with the USMC? What is your longest shot with the M9FS? Tis the three sisters that will F#$& you:
    1) Flinching
    2) Bucking
    3) Jerking

While training with the FBI in Hawthorne Nevada for High Angle Shooting, we participated in a "point-man's course". In part of the course you had to drop your M40 and go to your M9. That part of the course had about 9 different targets that you had to engage. The furthest one was 100meters away. I "got lucky" and hit it center mass with the M9.... All Luck!

7. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

One cop was 312' away, possibly not noticed and not engaged by his foe. The stress level may have been a bit less.

The other cop had been in a physical fight with his aggressor, had been punched in the face, and was probably under much more stress.

The two situations are both stressful, but not the same.

The Austin officer's reaction and marksmanship were outstanding. Attempting to hold every officer to that degree of expectation is highly unrealistic. Sure, in an ideal world every officer could do that, but in the article even a special forces soldier marveled at his performance.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Google "Jerry Miculek 400m 9mm" and you'll see a representation of this this shot. IIRC, he had to aim about 10ft above the target.

9. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

Years ago, I was running a machine gun range and I had a whole bunch of extra 9mm ammo. The NCO and I decided to screw around with the 9mm to try and hit the closest target (100m). I went through 45 rounds trying to hit it without even a near miss. The NCO grabbed the 9mm and hit it 7 out of 15 times. I was stunned and amazed.

10. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

As I learned as a PMI instructor for 2/8 at the range. 1) Front Site Tip 2) Slow Steady Squeeze to the rear 3) No anticipation (That makes no flinching, bucking and jerking)
    If you have the chance for bone support and muscle relaxation all you have to do is focus on the front site tip and breath control and cardiopulmonary pause.

11. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

If you can keep a group anywhere on a target I can tell you exactly what you are doing wrong... If you cant keep a group describe the shot pattern and I can tell you what you are doing wrong.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Just use this handy chart

[​IMG]

13. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Nicely done, Sir !!!