1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI Image Generator

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 2, 2024.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I am working on a book, and I was going to hire an illustrator/artist for image generation, but then I thought, why not just use AI?

What have you found to be good free to low-cost AI image generators? If I need to pay more, I am willing, but I thought I would see what I could get from free to low-cost ones first.

Any tips on getting the most accurate image you envision when using an AI image generator?

Thanks in advance.

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, bear in mind, you cannot copyright anything AI generated, and additionally need to specify all AI generated parts when applying for copyright so they can be excluded.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Just get a gab account. Free AI images created on demand.

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Good to know, thanks! I am in the very early stages of this and right now am just gathering info to lay out a timeline and flow chart of what needs to be done and when for best results. This helps.

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

What is gab? Never heard of it.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Whats there to do if you just AI generate it and say you did it on your own? How would they know? I'm sure you can remove any metadata from the image.

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Its a twitter alternative.
    Edit: found out about it when half the folks I followed on twitter were banned

Www.gab.com

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, should you find someone copying said image, you'll be asked to prove it wasn't AI generated, otherwise your copyright will get nuked, potentially on the entire book depending on the copyright office's mood and the judge presiding over the case. It could also be in jeopardy if someone just reports to the copyright office that "hey, this looks AI, I question it." It has nothing to do with who generates the image, if it's machine generated/authored it cannot be copywritten, full stop. Nor can you be cute and try to claim copyright on the prompt used to generate the image. You can risk it, but it would suck to loose the ability to generate revenue from a work because you wanted to try and sneak one past the copyright office.

This is why Nikon, Canon, etc are all agreeing to a digital image signature system for their cameras to provide a means of authenticating actual photos from AI generated material. The world is VERY quickly moving to a stance of assuming AI generated if you can't show your work because of the sheer flood of AI crap choking everything else out.

BigBird and backbone like this.
  9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

That was really informative. I wondered how they were going to deal with some of these unseen challenges. More interesting things ahead I think...

10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Just say no to AI

5axis, MachineR1 and Sabre699 like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Better yet, don’t say anything to AI.

cpettit likes this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I dunno, AI seems pretty perfect to me.

Attached Files:

Black46, scottn, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  13. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

The 3ft screwdriver is missing.

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

More inclusive now.

Attached Files:

BigBird likes this.
  15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Is the bike in the background Clubman legal?

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

No, double bubble and Brembo master.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

that image protagonist seems to be enthusiastically saying NESBA SUCKS!! :)

18. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Dall-E

19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Don't know if any of you have done an Ebay listing lately but it offered a free AI description for my latest listing

What a bullshit session.....sounded like a used car salesman . I deleted it and went back to my own typed description

BigBird likes this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

What's with the stick with the netting on it in the background?