1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Seat E250 Cargo

Discussion in 'General' started by strgt, May 3, 2011.

1. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

I was thinking of adding a single bucket seat in the back of my E250 and was wondering if anyone has done this or heard of anyone doing it. I currently have a rubber floor cover back there now and cant see what sort of mounting holes are available to accept a seat. Just wondering what they do with conversion vans etc, or if I could just buy a front passenger seat and that would work. I would like to convert my van to take 3 people and sometimes a bike in the back. I could always stuff them in mexican border crossing style, but that wouldnt be too safe :tut:

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I have a standard length E250. It has the front bucket seats and the first bench seat. It holds 5 people and i can still get my bike in it with no problem....along with all my gear etc.

3. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

I have shelves in the back Id like to keep I dont think the bench seat will work. Did it come with the rear seat from the factory? Wtih mine being a cargo van im not sure it will have the mounting holes for a seat.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Even without the mounting holes it's easy enough to drill through the floor in the same spot and just use some decent ubolts or the like.

5. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

Go underneath and all the mounting spots are clearly noticeable, you get to pick the mounting you require, at least that was how it worked for us.

6. clarustnb

clarustnb Well-Known Member

1. Search is always your friend:
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?p=3501622#post3501622
    http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=231512

2. Yes - go do it. My cargo ['03 E150] did not have any mounting holes and I didn't want to mount it in the standard position anyway. So I put some clean holes through the bed, over engineered bolts and washers and cleaned everything up.

Drilling through that rubber mat is a pain because there is some real cheap insulation underneath that just loves to wrap around bits, chunk up in places, and all around make it shitty.

3. Also - if you think you are under engineering the whole thing and start thinking about backing plates, welding, and reinforcement, while you're under there looking around notice how your drivers seat is held on there. 4 pencil sized bolts with no reinforcement.

4. Ohh.. also - don't forget to check out where the gas tank is. 0.o

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Most van seats (driver and front passenger) are pedestal mounted. You should be able to find a complete seat and base at a pull-a-part and then cobble up a lap belt that bolts to the pedestal. Just look at your exisiting front seats and do what they did. Or find some pimp upgrades for your seats and move the old seats to the back. You can probably find a nice electric seat from a conversion van that will drop right in.