1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absurd Rivian Motors valuation

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Feb 3, 2022.

1. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

So the Georgia HOT lanes have readers installed along the lanes for Peach Pass. There aren't exits per se, so they are reading along the route.

And I am the guy who got pulled over due to a toll ticket time stamp. Back in college made a run from Levittown PA to White Haven, PA in something just under an hour. I wasn't speeding on the side road when the state troopers in the unmarked car pulled me over about three minutes later.

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I can see gps speeding tickets being abused in the future. Cars already have cameras pointed at the drivers. not a stretch to see where that is going. Automatic debit from your bank account....Some trips might cost more than others lol.

I know when I use waze I'm always looking at the gps speed in red, vs the actual limit for the road. The data is there....

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm right next door in Langhorne.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Nope. I think most Tesla are absolute eyesores, especially for vehicles of that price.
    And I think Elon is a cunt most of the time.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I've seen it in France more than once. Heading home from Paul Ricard after the Bol D'or one year saw several cars having their tickets inspected by les flics. The funny thing was that bikes were waved the toll fees after the race and went straight through the booths.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What the eff is a grapefruite pass??? :confused:

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-2-9_19-57-20.jpeg
    upload_2022-2-9_19-58-26.jpeg

TurboBlew and L8RSK8R like this.
  8. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

The toll transponders here in Georgia are called p-e-a-c-h pass, but the board always changes the word when you type it normally. I forgot and didn’t catch it until after the edit window.

auminer likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I kinda like it except for the cartoonish looking front end..and the price.

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

As a kid I loved drawing cars and redesigning them.

Remember the Allegro...I redesigned it as an 8 year auld.
    Tesla stole my design.

11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I thought years ago while driving a go-kart that has the immobilizer built in so ya can't speed off and do another lap.
    Automatically inhibit cars from speeding whence entering a school zone for example.
    Sign says 15mph, transponder on sign tells vehicle to slow the fuck down.... actually cuts/limits available power and limits speed to said limit.

12. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

You're evidently not riding in the right parts of Europe :Poke:

I was in Finland last summer, drove two EVs, rode in a couple of others, and can't count how many I saw. I know some guys there who were first in line for the Model S when it was released. Showed our friends with Teslas the easter eggs in the software, had fun with those... Never mind the taxi drivers using Teslas, one from my wife's hometown has well over 1M km on his Model S, with only one battery swap.

The Finnish dude who blew up his Model S doesn't count except for pure entertainment value :cool:

13. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Tesla, Amazon, Apple.... Add some more to the list if you like. They are lifestyle companies, parading in their respective silos, and in the background, they have some pretty amazing technology...

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sounds great until you're trying to escape a gang-banger spraying you with bullets. Massive lawsuits to follow...

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Something I, and others, encounter daily during our commutes

cha0s#242 likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You're not from LA, are you?

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Essentially exactly how the ATC works for trains now. The ATC system is a bit more sophisticated, but same idea.

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Air Traffic Control is working trains now? Damn the FAA IS getting into everything these days.

Next thing they'll want to have a say over kids toys.

:D

19. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

drive next to one on the freeway from like a 45 deg in front and in back. ug lee.

20. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Neat dashboard on UKs energy generation sources. It'd be neat to have something like this for the US.
    https://grid.iamkate.com