450GP class for next year?

Discussion in 'General' started by BiZ, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Monte, I'm guessing this is going to be a singles class...so that knocks aprilia out of it. And Mongo said that the front end had to come from the same manufacturer as the dirtbike, since KTM (or Husky)doesn't have any full fledged sportbikes I'd say that'd be a hard rule to conform to for them.

:(

2. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Would other manufacturers be elligible as well??? e.g. KTM they have the Super Duke, which I believe would be a plenty competent front end for one of these guys.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the answer is actually no, you haven't run a stock one. Thanks but my response is the same as to everyone else wanting to say stock won't last - until that is proven, we're going with stock thanks.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aftermarket, not sure exactly what, the ones on them now are some Roland designed and made.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't know yet.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good lord will you guys chill - seriously. You're making assumptions based on what I told you flat out was NOT all of the information.

There is no reason why a KTM won't work - but we haven't talked about it or checked out what will work with the KTM chassis.

You guys ALL need to relax.

7. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Sean,
    will the 2stroke 250's be allowed as in mx?

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

That wouldn't make sense as a spec class the way I'm reading Sean's intentions. I also think a real GP bike will crush one of these abominations. I can't even imagine what the operating costs will be on one of these diesels.

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

a 125 would make one of these bikes its bitch.

10. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

No, the answer is actually yes. I have rebuilt many(many, many) stock MX motors being raced in MX, DT, and SM(no sustained high rpm) and the absolute most common failures have been valve and crank issues. Tdub

11. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Couldn't you lower those sustained higher RPM's by running higher gearing?

Gearing on a roadcourse would be much different from gearing on any of the other courses (MX, SM, or flattrack), wouldn't it?

13. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

14. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

:eek: Okay, back to the recliner for me...a fever of a 100.5 and a body that feels like I've been run over by a dumptruck means I can't even compete with Mongo when it comes to throwing my weight around. :) :D

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

really? i have run OEM crank/rod and valves in my YZ450 for the last 2 1/2 years, and i race at Brainerd.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

There are always exceptions...consider yourself lucky. Tdub

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I suppose you could. They make peak power(stock 450 about 48) around 9K rpm, and with stock cams and timing drop 8-10 hp at 12,200. Tdub

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

actually, i believe that roadracing is easier on the motor that MX and SM. MX guys like to bounce the things off the rev limiter all the damn time. roadraicng keeps a nice even load on the motor. more consitantly. either that or i build more reliable engines than you. :p

19. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yea, but you're not fast enough to really strain the motor.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

cant argue with you on that, especially after the last 2 events. :down: