.308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 19, 2022.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

There was supposed to be a smiley face after that.
    After having worked on a couple of them, I can say that I would never own one. But, if it can get someone shooting, then go for it.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

UPS was 0n fire today, scope, American Defense quick release mount and complete Aero upper showed up today, along with a buffer & law tactical folding adapter for the PCC. I wanted a SS 20 inch barrel but had been waiting 8 weeks, when I called and found a 18 inch SS in stock, it was here 4 days later. I'm hopeful this will be a nice 600 yard gas gun, the regular moly barrel I had before didn't cut it but I attribute some of that to a lower spec Vortex I cut corners with and the mil spec trigger, lesson learned.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

skidooboy and 5axis like this.
  3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Nice lookin rig!

shot the .350 legend tonight, to get ready for deers. ;) Ruger American with Mcarbo trigger spring, set up on a Magpul Hunter stock, with Vortex Diamondback 44mm (came with the original Ruger). I thought I would be wanting to replace the optic but, it shoots DAMN GOOD. under an inch at 100 easily. I shot a quarter sized group at 200 yds, on Saturday with it. Totally impressed me with that 3 shot group.

I might not ever try a deer at that distance with the gun but, it is nice to know the gun is capable of doing it. Ski

lizard84 likes this.
  4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Was the Aero P on back order or was it in stock? Seems like all their stuff is hard to get these days.

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

The Aero was on back order I guess, I have no luck with Aero directly, I’ve seen plenty of complaints about optics planet but I’ve been getting good deal & service from them. On the 20 inch SS FDE barreled upper they promised to ship at the end of September, then October 8, then the 18th, then it was pushed to November 8th but I had had it.

I called customer service while online and noticed that the 18 inch stainless steel, FDE was in stock according to the website , four of them were listed. The gentlemen I discuss this with with was super nice, he apologized and verified that the 18 inch was actually in stock and not vaporware. He also cut me a nice discount for my trouble.

skidooboy likes this.