1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2024 Kawasaki ZX6R being announced on 6/6/23

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, May 24, 2023.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

If you overlay the data, it's pretty interesting. The Twins bikes accelerate pretty damn hard, they aren't much different from a 600 until 80-100 mph which is why most of the lap is pretty similar.

418 likes this.
  2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

FWIW a lot of the telemetry from big bikes is actually from the ETV's and not the actual grip position. I noticed it on my overlay. as in "Wait, I know for a FACT I'm full throttle right there, why does it say only 85%!?" Then I figured out that the AIM logger was only sending the actual ETV position to the smartycam. When I looked at the actual data it did show my grip position at 100%

I now have it setup to where it sends both. I use this along with a properly setup wheel speed vs GPS math channel to determine whether I should add or take away ETV opening rates. (based on tire slippage and rate of change delta on the GPS speed) A Stock1000 team member told me a few years ago that they actually try to set the bikes up to where the rider can just get to WOT on the grip as soon as possible. Then they use the ETV maps to dictate the behavior of power delivery. It was my first year with my ZX10R and I couldn't figure out why I was significantly faster in a lower power map vs the full power map. They informed me that its common, and that their rider usually never even gets full power until 4th gear. 2nd and 3rd were nerfed pretty hard.

TBH I'd like to think I'm more of a nerd than I am fast. I love the data and setup stuff. I'd actually like to get some pots and a brake pressure sensor next... I think it would be fun to work with a rider once I'm all done being silly on these things.

Senna, Pride & Joy and R1Racer99 like this.
  3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I've also seen them change gearing so that the electronics interfere less.

Trainwreck likes this.
  4. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

With the KRT ECU you can adjust tire circumference to also "cheat" the TC a little bit.

5. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Just checked out the 2024 on their website: she’s purdy!

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

Clamoring for $20k superbikes I guess :rolleyes:

Mofos better hope there are more little bikes being built because the whole sportbike class is on fumes. Folk should get out more if they think the racing community is going to keep the business going much longer.