1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

So just how to normal folks watch this year? Seems vast majority of it is on peaCOCK. No reair times or channels given from what we can find. Anyone got any insight where this is going to be aired besides streaming?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I went ahead and downloaded Peacock for the $5/mo. The commercials are a bit annoying, but you can upgrade to the $10/mo package and skip them. I'm not a tight ass, but I had to take a stand! :crackup:

TurboBlew and skidooboy like this.
  3. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Some are on USA live, and some have replays on NBC, USA, or NBC Sports network. Check Racer X website for information on broadcasts. They published an entire season post sometime, a while ago, and every Thursday or Friday run a "How to Watch" article for each weekend's race.
    Most Comcast customers get Peacock for free, as an App.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Simple YouTube re-air or live stream. No subscription needed, at least for Anaheim it wasn’t.

Bloodhound and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Its been re scheduled for
    February 18th.Still no guarantee it's not going to rain.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Peacock, you can opt for the whole Supermotocross series, SX, MX, and the SMX Playoffs. Ski

7. Jon Wilkens

complete bs. I have Dish so I can watch what I want. Now they move shit to streaming networks? AND have to pay more? Fook em.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats a dish problem not a SX issue. The fact they are on a big national network is great for the sport. Unlike the Flo disaster last year

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

All supercross races were on the NBC stations last year - NBC/USA/CNBC since the NBC Sports channel went away. Well, other than the final event. That was on Peacock live with a delay to NBC. But that's the one I went to. They were also available on the NBC Sports and Peacock streaming services.
    Not sure what the "Flo disaster" you're talking about is. The motocross season was a disaster all on streaming MavTv/Flosports (that mostly didn't work), but not supercross.
    And while Peacock is a big streaming service for NBC, it isn't a big national broadcast network. This is an upgrade for motocross, but a downgrade for supercross. I did learn that I can watch Peacock for free with Xfinity, but I wouldn't pay for it just like I don't pay for any streaming services.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

it's only a down grade if NBC isn't paying more money to have it on peacock or it's hurting the number of viewers both of those I would find hard to believe.

11. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

i dont get so many people complain about paying $5 a month to watch hours of racing.

The SX season isn't long, you may have be out $20 to catch the whole season. Why is this a problem?

12. Once a Wanker..

Or if you don't want to spend the money, wait for a while for it to be posted on Youtube, and watch it for free.

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  13. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

I usually just watch them on YT later the same day, or the next morning.

Once a Wanker.. and Jon Wilkens like this.
  14. Jon Wilkens

Its the principle of the thing...complete BS. Nickel and dime ya to death with all the stupid streaming apps and such. WHICH, are crap most of the time since they don't have enough bandwidth to cover the demand. Joy

15. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

This year with the change to SuperMotoCross format the season is almost 11 months long.

SX alone though is 5+ months with the breaks and skip weeks.

skidooboy likes this.
  16. Once a Wanker..

Yeah, I feel your pain. 'Watching something on the TV' these days is a lot more complex and expensive than it use to be, for sure! I also remember when I had to read Cycle News to see when any type of motorcycle racing was going to be on TV. The list used to be pretty short...

Keeping up with stuff ain't easy these days, if you don't have a kid willing to help you with you technical support, or someone in your family works in the IT business. I struggle along best I can, and am grateful one of my adult daughters and her IT pro fiancé live nearby.

You might enjoy this post, as many of us here have, even though it's the third one, because someone doesn't remember to 'search' before they start a new one, lol.
    https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/youre-officially-old-when.381053/

This:

ToofPic likes this.
  17. Once a Wanker..

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

SX only is 17 races in 18 weeks so... 4.5 months. then a two week lay off, and a 12 race series for the summer MX season, then the supermotocross world championship in the fall so... isnt long, is an underestimate.

3 hours per telecast, 30+ race days, close to 100 hours of racing, for 60 bucks. that is a bargain. if you dont want to pay it, so be it but, dont bitch about the cost. it is less than 1 dinner out, or 2 weeks of frapachino's. Ski

19. Once a Wanker..

skidooboy likes this.
  20. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Fuck what a good first race weekend