1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2023 Supercross Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Jan 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I am an AP fan, was long before last night. But... He screwed up - he said himself that he picked his foot up for that rut in every lap except that last one. You don't change your process before the checkers. He got what he earned.

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

th.jpg

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

4. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are saying that I am not a fan, or if he didn't get what he earned?

I am for sure a fan, but that shouldn't be confused with the typical blind sack swinger - If a rider I am a fan of screws up, I will call him an idiot the same as anybody else.

It doesn't matter if you do everything awesome until the last minute. If it did, Sexton would already be champ.

ToofPic likes this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I love seeing a first time winner, so it was awful watching that happen to AP. That said, I think even he agrees that he got what he earned. If you want to win, you have to be able to be on it all the way to the checkers.

If I was heading Yamaha, I'd have pulled Deegan from the main. He came to a dead stop, waited for his teammate to get into the corner, then floored it into him intentionally. He wasn't blocking or racing, he was out to hit his teammate. Up until this weekend, I was rooting for him as a new up and comer. His team isn't doing him any favors by letting him act like that on track, IMO.

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I disagree on the Deegan part. Not a fan of the Deegans, I always thought Brian was a fake tough guy but the kid needed to show his sack and boy did he.. He's got the fame and most (99%) are calling him a Daddys Boy.. I'm glad he went that route. Jordon Smith is 27 years old and a vet in the class, he should've checked up and waited to pass the kid. Deegan was acting as any 16 year old would act.

Hunter Lawrence became by favorite dude during the post race presser. He fired back at Reporters, dig that shit.

socalrider likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

great racing last night
    no spoilers... the 250 heat & 450 main was worth the years subscription cost.
    next round has 2 red plate holders in the 450 class.

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Hard to improve on this assessment of the two.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think Ricky was more deflated than anyone. He was truly disappointed.

10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Ricky is pissing me off, almost to the point I cant stand him in the booth. "Inside, outside" comment 10-12 times a broadcast, "must situation" a few times a broadcast. called Jett, Hunter, THREE TIMES, IN ABOUT 3 MINUTES, last night. WTF? Ski

Senna and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  11. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

That vs him talking about someone leaning it over too far would make for a good drinking game.

Once a Wanker.. and skidooboy like this.
  12. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Tomac’s speed through the whoops was absurd. Made Roczen look like he was standing still.

evakat and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He was on a Suzuki, so more or less was standing still.

14. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Deegan isn't 16 (he's 17, splitting hairs, i know) and he's been riding on a SX track for more than half his life with good riders. I'll give you he was acting like a 16-year-old, aka an idiot. It was a heat race, and it was his teammate, there is no reason for that especially when your teammate is faster. Then you get to the press conference and Deegan showed how much of a dipshit he really is.

Smith admitted he lost his cool after deegan hit him for the 2nd time. He should have kept his composure, there's no question about that.

Deegan was being a jack ass and Smith wasn't being a smart veteran.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

16. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Eli used the longer, outside line to achieve Warp speed entering the whoops, to skim them much more effectively. This, plus Eli has his all-time favorite suspension guy giving him whatever he asks for...

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

he's right you know.jpg

I was going to say the same thing about finding the outside line, maintaining a higher entry speed than the inside line, everyone else was taking. you could see it clearly, every time the camera was on him, and he was entering, and passing people in the whoops. He just found something most others did not, and it was a ton faster. Ski

18. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Did you see when they showed the whoop times?

Eli was .6 or 7 faster than anyone else, I believe Josh Hill was the closest.

19. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

He used that outside line, but squared it up to give him a longer straight run into the whoops. That let him have enough speed to get on top of them instead of having to jump that rutted out mess.

G2G, Once a Wanker.. and skidooboy like this.
  20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I wondered why no one else attempted it? You would think if we could see it someone on another team in the stadium would have put it on a pitboard. Maybe it was the risk reward debate?

stickboy274 likes this.