1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I actually believe he will be a very good player in this league. He has the talent to do it, just take a look at his stats. Lots of folks will be surprised.

As a Bucs fan I saw a lot of him, and saw the talent.

I'm a big believer in QBs getting a chance to learn and develop behind a quality veteran, and he never got that chance. I thought his choice to sign behind Brees was the best decision of his career.

Something else that I think has received very little attention is the condition of his eyes. I used to joke that he was always squinting like he can't see. During his whole time in Tampa you can find lots of pictures of him squinting.

Guess what he did before last season? He got PRK/Lasik to fix his vision.

Theres not a lot of QBs with the ability to throw for 5,000 yards and 30 TDs. But he also threw 33 INTs. If be can get that down to even 10-12, I dont think his tenure in Tampa would have ended.

Let's see what good vision and a year watching Brees does for him.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think Winston has all the tools to succeed.

~sent from mobile

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Is that a VBF.....vaginal blood fart?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Agreed I've watched him since before FSU ( my favorite team)
    He's got all the talent, he's going to make a few plays that make you shake your head but overall all he will come through, seeing all the drops and everything brady was up against showed it wasn't all winston issues when he was there. If you watched the bucs when they struggled there were drops and bad play call, when they hit their stride, brady had implemented his short throws or at least short throw options on 3rd down vs just throwing the ball up down the field and hoping they got it:rolleyes:

BigBird likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You don't have enough draft picks and team members for that. Go Jags !!

BigBird likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

More like, don't want to lose a few key players to risk on a QB :D
    I think he will do well in the NFL, look what Luck did, the Colts won 1 game the year before he got there. I look forward to see what he can do. I think Trask can do well also.

Sabre699 likes this.
  7. Sabre699

It's hard to stop a severed artery with a band-aid but the road to the dance will begin with the QB.
    The Jaguars unfortunately have a lot more issues to address than just who throws the ball.

Edit: On another topic...Jamis Winston is a toilet.
    Seen enough of his thieving criminal shit when he was a 'Nole.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Winston? Na... saints? Na...

The NFC is gonna get a shakeup.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Unless Watson comes to the NFC, the Giants are coming out of the NFC to the Super Bowl

~sent from mobile

10. Sabre699

# Jets suck...

BigBird likes this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Winston has all the arm talent and athleticism in the world...and a nearly zero football I.Q.
    Maybe time behind Brees and coaching from Peyton helps, but I have my doubts. It's why he threw 30+ int's in 2019.
    I bet Brees comes back. He's had time to be away from the disappointing loss in the playoffs and he's still relatively healthy and competitive. I bet once the last remaining ache from that rib injury is a memory, he'll consider one more year.

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So a 2021 NFL thread and no one is talking about the team with the 2020 Coach of the Year?

They may not make the Super Bowl, but I could certainly see them at the AFC Championship game since the dirty birds and Stealers are on the decline.

13. Sabre699

Hey...the Browns made it and they're far from done. Congrats to Kevin Stefanski.
    And to Baker Mayfield for his commitment to the city of Cleveland. :beer:

BigBird likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yep..it's a 2021 thread....not a 2020 thread. That season is over. Congrats to Stefanski for his COY award for last year.
    John Harbaugh was COY in 2019....again...So what did that mean for 2020? Absolutely nothing.

Asked what Super Bowl ring excited Tom Brady the most, his answer was "The next one."

The Browns and Stefanski got some great momentum going in 2020, we'll see if it carries into 2021.

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Brees can't throw the ball more than 20 yards any longer.

And he already adjusted his contract to the league minimum, which is a step towards retirement.

~sent from mobile

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I have a prediction that is far more likely than anything that's been mentioned............................The Detroit Lions will be bad.

BigBird, Sabre699 and StaccatoFan like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Nope. Post #30 wins that award.

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

My pal is a lifelong fan and he lives by the Lions Mantra - "Detroit Lions, rebuilding since 1957".

I'm a Cowboys fan so I'm in no position to mock or ridicule him.

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What? You don't believe in the rebirth of Jared Goff?

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Shite I’d commit to Cleveland too for $25 million!

Sabre699 likes this.