2020 Honda Fireblade | CBR1000RRRRRR

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 19, 2019.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

So, not available until June 2020 as a 2021 model and there will only be the homologation special. Interesting. Waddya all think? $30K?

2. testiesalmon

testiesalmon Well-Known Member

Akra can is stock on both the RR-R and RR-R SP? Waiting for shots without the bodywork, but it looks like all the euro 5 rubbish might be tucked in the muffler. In which case, paying for a titanium Akra can, that will go in the bin for most racers. Crazy.

3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Looks like Honda finally got aggressive, except for the wing things looks pretty good.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that electric suspension that won't be legal in many classes. At least, the important ones. MotoAmerica, BSB, WSB.

5. testiesalmon

Yeh true. They might have been able to offer a non-ABS, steel pipe, showa base model and knock off $2k from rrp. Do away with the base RR model all together. Would be perfect for track day-ers and racers.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Was expecting more R’s.
    Not impressed.

Mille R and Phl218 like this.
  7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i know this is hard to believe on a racing forum, but most new bike sales never make it to racing grids. manufacturers aren’t building bikes to appease the 1% of the 1% that will buy a $25k bike and grid up with it at their local race org. so spending that much coin on a bike that comes with electronic suspension or an akra slip on is perfectly acceptable for the 99% of people that will buy these and just tool around town on them.

if honda left all that shit off, then they’d be “behind the times” and we’d have the same bike that they’ve been making for 11ish years.

Shocker and Senna like this.
  8. turbulence

i bet you can get last years bike for way more than $2k off

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And also half the power. Win-win.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. testiesalmon

Point taken. But pretty much everyone swaps the pipe, track or not. So there is still that. And I do see a lot of track-day riders swap suspension and brake components. The non-racing type. But agree that is still the minority.

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

True enough. One could also say, an actual homologation special should not require throwing away such expensive parts to get it legal to race in the series that it's being homologated for. But, I'm still thinking of "homologation specials" means ZX7RR, RC30, RC45, R7, etc.
    Ultimately we'll have to see the build sheets for the actual homologation special, and argu...er, discuss from there, lol

12. turbulence

maybe honda will make a $40k version of their $25k bike with less cc’s an an analog suspension that’s made for racing like ducati did ;)

stk0308 likes this.
  13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Homologation special has loosely translates to $40K

14. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Too true. Street guys eat the TFT dash and semi-active suspension crap up. Gives them more cred at bike night or with their buddies.

This is something I have to remind myself of every time these new bikes are released as I just don't have that much interest in them when I can get a nicely set up R6 for $8K for track usage.

The only bikes that have really peaked my interest lately are the Super Duke R and Streetfighter V4.

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

MT-10, for me.

Yamaha must have a bunch in warehouses, given they’re the same exact bike for 2020.

Senna likes this.
  17. Looks like they out some work into it. What about the 650R?

18. And many homologation specials never hit the track, probably most of them but people buy them because they are better to show off at bike night. Some of the older ones with really tall first gear were crap on the street but flew off the showroom floor. I am hoping this keeps up like the old days of true homologation specials.

19. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Does WSBK allow wings if they are on the OEM?